Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks, you can't make this up. My whole life has pretty much been that way. I was driving back from a quick trip yesterday and glance over to see the folks across the street from my house outside - which is a rarity. The gentleman had a rake outside and was doing "something" with a black "thing" on the ground. That memory thing in my brain, what's left of it anyway, says STOP! and I stop the truck and back it up a bit.

He has gotten about a 5' long snake picked up in the tines of the rake. I asked what kind of snake is that. He said it's a black racer, he said his wife wanted him to kill it but he didn't want to. He won that argument. I told him good for you! As his wife and I are discussing snakes, he calmly walks the snake across the road on the rake (it was scared half to death) and was being still, and gently put it down in the middle of my lawn and then went back across to road, to talk a few more seconds at which I went home laughing my arse off.

Now you KNOW the snake then went where it wanted to go anyway. I am loved!:heart:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a "snake charmer" Smokey. I never kill them. They are good for keeping insects and rodents under control.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I got an absolutely free gift!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to have black snakes around after seeing what mice can do to your cars wiring .
mice ate the wires off of my sons brand new truck , stealership wanted over $ 2000 to fix it.

this one got me while removing it from the hen house. click to enlarge if you wanna see the damage.
. 20190523_093912.jpg

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to have 5 aviaries with various types of birds. One was full of finches which as I found out, breed like crazy! Anyway the occasional snake ( various types) would find a way in and after eating 2 or 3 birds was too fat to sneak back out through the mesh. I still didn't kill them. They were doing what came natural. It must of been like free pizza to a bunch of teenagers.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only ones I kill are the copperheads. they can do more harm than I'm willing to deal with.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't kill any. Found a water moccasin in my back yard Easter Sunday morning and relocated it. I have also moved copperheads to the woods next to my property. I have donated raccoons to a friend of mine( he didn't know it) but have never been given a snake. You should feel special Smokey!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I laughed quite hard. Taking the snake to my front lawn with me watching! It was soooo funny! Like the snake is going to stay there even 5 minutes! A big tree fell down about 100' away from their house. It might have lived in it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
the only ones I kill are the copperheads. they can do more harm than I'm willing to deal with.

and we got plenty of em in Cumberland don't we tic. Knock on wood I haven't had one in my yard but my neighbor has killed a couple.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and we got plenty of em in Cumberland don't we tic. Knock on wood I haven't had one in my yard but my neighbor has killed a couple.

oh ya , plenty of snakes here in Cumberland. but not many mice , nature at work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread