Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex Plus,Garrett At-Pro, Tesoro Vaquero and Bandido 2 Micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am considering buying an OCTA Simplex plus and I would like for somebody to give me advice about it. Is it worth it? Is the warranty any good? Does the company stand behind their metal detectors? Will the dealer I buy it from help me if there is a problem? Any other advice you could give me about buying this Detector or not?

Well worth the money if they charged double. Fantastic customer service.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My only comment would be that if you plan to detect in a saltwater environment, this is not the best detector for that. The Minelab Equinox or Vanquish series are multi frequency and right at home on the beach. The Simplex is single frequency.

Just the view from my foxhole....

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only comment would be that if you plan to detect in a saltwater environment, this is not the best detector for that. The Minelab Equinox or Vanquish series are multi frequency and right at home on the beach. The Simplex is single frequency.

Just the view from my foxhole....

Honestly multi frequency is best in saltwater. I just went ahead and bought the simplex and the vanquish. If you can afford a Nox and plan in just salt water hunting Get the nox.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you decide on the Simplex, be prepared to dig your @$$ off. seriously though, its a great machine at a great price with excellent support. hear me now, ... believe me later!

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you decide on the Simplex, be prepared to dig your @$$ off. seriously though, its a great machine at a great price with excellent support. hear me now, ... believe me later!

I agree it’s pretty awesome.

OP
OP
L

louisianaman

Jan 4, 2012
New Orleans Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I wanted to ask people that had experience with the machine. I don't hunt saltwater. I live in Louisiana and hunt coins and buttons. Thanks

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I'm not hijacking.
Can people who have both the nox and simplex give me a comparison.
How do they compare in depth.
I have a nox, but looking for back up machine.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several have bought a Simplex for a back up to the Nox. The price difference is huge. I have both.

The Nox is sitting in the garage, the Simplex went out yesterday and will go to a soybean field again tomorrow. Field mode, sensitivity as high as it will go. Iron volume on one bar, so I know its there. The other volume turned up. I thoroughly enjoy it. Have not been able to update to new deeper setting update yet. Have an Mac computer and have not been able to run update yet.

Can't tell tell you about saltwater. But I can tell you about coins in soybean fields. Another 1836 Capped Bust half dime yesterday from at least 5 inches.

RJGMC

OP
OP
L

louisianaman

Jan 4, 2012
New Orleans Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you run it? Primarily right now I'll be doing some yards and parks. I've heard it's great in Field mode. Can you run Field mode in yards and parks and get good results?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a Simplex for a carry in my car all the time detector. I will say for the price, it's outstanding! I have about 70+ hours (both update versions combined) on it now and can understand it very well My only two things I would love to see added in the next update is the following: ON/OFF pin pointer function (similar to Minelab), this would be helpful. Secondly, add an option to select tones in Park and Field modes (2, 3, 4, 5 and multi-tone, say 20 or 30...etc.). With these two options added they will really corner the market.

OP
OP
L

louisianaman

Jan 4, 2012
New Orleans Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ho do you run the detector in your favorite hunting places? I've heard field mode rocks but will it rock in.a yard or a park?

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It absolutely will.
Field mode is my favorite, two tones
Park 1 mode is very strong, gotta swing v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y, slower recovery. This mode is prime for a smaller coil, three tones
Park 2 mode is good for faster swing/recovery but its not as deep as Park 1 (it's plenty deep though) three tones

I typically begin in Field mode and may switch to either Park mode, depending on the amount of targets. If the targets are many, I stick to Field. Once a smaller coil is offered, Park 1 will have evolved into a monster!

Have fun, be safe!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I run field mode wide open in non-trashy places, such as the farm fields; I did everything anyway. If trashy or just clad/jewelry hunting in play areas, I run Park 1 or 2.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very simple for 250..00 dollars and was just updated firmware, nothing on market can compete for the price. I’m not loyal to anything but the truth and this machine will find you coins and relics and better depth and I’d recognitions. Go buy report back on all your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread