Where are all the lady detectorist at I’m sure we have many on here

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure there are mostly guys on here, but I’m curious to here from all you ladies that detect and your experiences and why more don’t detect, it’s the only hobby I can think that gives you a piece of mind, out in great outdoors,learn history etc oh and it’s the only hobby that pays you back, not like hunting and fishing have to keep investing in bait, bullets etc. not that something wrong with that but you understand. Ok ladies appreciate your comments, thankyou darlings

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are quite a few women on here. Most just want to be a detectorist, or gold seeker, treasure hunter, coin roll hunter, thrift store searcher, etc., anonymously, on a level field, without bringing in the sex thing. Fine with me. Some kick a**.

Some user names are obviously girlie, but when they post pictures, you see obvious gnarly man-hands. Not sure whats going on there. Just my opinion, Sweety Pie.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I’m not trying to stir the pot, very simple question ladies, females are people to, I’d like there perspective I hardly see male detecting here and never seen a lady with or without someone. It’s all good. These forums allow us to ask questions I’m not offending anyone for heaven’s sak. You want to comment please do, if not that’s your choice, thankyou, oh and if I may say a early happy moms day to you all

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting when Salmon fishing got too spendy, few fish, short seasons. I like to get out, but need a focus. Dirt fishing is year round!

Never met anyone while detecting who had any gender problems in asking what I've found or such. Of course I totally don't look like the calendar girls detecting in bikinis :)

If Rosie Greer can knit, I can detect!

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molewacker
It's all good, when I'm detecting nobody bothers me, I can sometimes here them talk from distance curiosity I guess, I don't prefer to wear headphones I'm out in big areas usually so. People seem to themselves , old days of harmless conversation is over it seems, heck what's wrong with saying hello walking through park you might actually meet someone with same interests, most people don't no how to initiate themselves in conversation without offending someone which is sad, so in ending a hello and hand gestures seems a hesitant thing of past. Nobody is human anymore

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, there's a lot of humans out there - I hunt parks, fishing trails, beaches and I find seeing me detect gives folks a opening to ask questions, tell me about when they detected, good spots where I might go. I see them talking to each other looking at me also. I'll give them a wave and take it from there.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
When I first joined TN I signed in with my sailboats name. "AbbyGale." (Abby was my parrot)

I had to change it to G.I.B. to stop all the stupid messages and perverts hitting on me- For craps sake- I'm just another old dude...

I agree with women posting gender neutral usernames to avoid the always present obnoxious come ons.

There are plenty of women on here- I've met some nice ladies on hunts and enjoyed talking with them, just as I would anybody else. But after the onslaught of male rudeness I had to read, I get it. I know where they are coming from.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well regardless I like to detect with other folks, ladies or guys it’s all good, I’m not trying to start a metal detectors dating site but just asked a question Ladies conversation appreciated as much as guys no agendas for heavens sake, I leave it go at that

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well regardless I like to detect with other folks, ladies or guys it’s all good, I’m not trying to start a metal detectors dating site but just asked a question Ladies conversation appreciated as much as guys no agendas for heavens sake, I leave it go at that

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting and on these boards since 2007 and have never experienced a come on here, obnoxious or otherwise. Pretty much everyone has been decent and respectful and I sure wouldn’t hide my gender worrying about that. The only thing gender wise that is irritating sometimes is when a questions is asked to “the guys” without a thought that women might actually be reading as well.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let me say thankyou for responding very nice of you your opinions matter, if I may how has your detecting experience been over the years in Minnesota or else where, I’m far western pa and we are limited but we try we read maps, go into woods old foundations, lakes etc, thankyou again

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let me say thankyou for responding very nice of you your opinions matter, if I may how has your detecting experience been over the years in Minnesota or else where, I’m far western pa and we are limited but we try we read maps, go into woods old foundations, lakes etc, thankyou again

I land and water hunt. Water hunting is always good despite the short season and I have a nice collection of gold from it. Land hunting has been less consistent and productive, but I have dug old coins and silver. Nothing in our farm fields around here except dirt but some rural parks and shorelines have been good hunting. I also like hunting picnic grounds and inner city parks.

Last edited:

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you have a slight idea of the harassment we go through! Yes, I am a non-single female.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work with single non single ladies, I certainly try not to offend anyone, this is different world not interested in trouble. Being that said I believe most people can have a good time , joke unwind in proper manner life to short to be an ass. I’ve asked all people regardless to join myself at patio bar, my god no strings attached, just relax , my god some don’t even like going home I here so much complaining, kids, husband, wife’s etc, gee whiz I say to myself you knew what you where getting into, life changes drastically when you marry have kids etc, so I respect everyone but sometimes wonder. Anyhow thankyou very much for your honesty and many great finds ahead for you

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan...“Hey Guys” that must irritate you to no end when you watch YouTube?

Rest assured it is a gender neutral term most of the time.

I many times wonder who is male/female here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions