Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please dont buy the Nox, I like detecting behind ATpros, and very glad its out of most peoples price range.

Not out of my price range, just not stupid enough to pay an extra $400 with the slim hope I'll find a few more silver dimes a year. And you're dreaming if you think you'll find anything significant if you detect after any spot I've done.

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Garrett surprised many of us in this Apex.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rad1sh, what's the surprise? That Garrett has a MFrequency machine?

Lucio21

Greenie
May 15, 2020
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Se Ltd.
Fisher CZ3D
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got into detecting I ordered my Garrett GTA 1000 Power Master out of the back of a magazine. It was accurate,powerful and well made. The original run of the AT PRO was a complete dumpster fire as far as quality goes. When sales numbers become more important than quality, I bow out. Whites had a great thing going with the black box detectors. Not sure why they stopped making them.

Then there is the issue of their "test teams". I watched a video of a Garrett test team member who is supposedly some high falutin, godly, detectorist and the coil on their detector was on backwards. Same thing with Whites team. I have a friend who hunted with a few of their members when the V series came out. My friend was using a $450 detector and hunter circles around the Whites test team. He was BEGGED not to upload the video because it would make Whites look bad.

I understand they are in business to make money, but with such an obvious disconnect that is VISIBLE, I spend my money elsewhere.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like my White M6 in parks and campuses. A ring finder, well made and it gives me confidence. My Pro is a great detector with the 6x8 coil. It sniffes out lots with iron audio. My Fisher LTD is a great machine with the NEL 13” coil but the XP Deus is also a great machine with the std. coil or the HF coil. I usually take 2 detectors to a site. Hopefully one will do the job but I agree, White and Garrett both need to step up. Side note: I hear the EQ800 is a great machine but I probably won’t buy one.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Whites black box always bumped on the side of my leg :icon_scratch:

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread