Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Garrett surprised many of us in this Apex.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rad1sh, what's the surprise? That Garrett has a MFrequency machine?

Lucio21

Greenie
May 15, 2020
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Se Ltd.
Fisher CZ3D
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got into detecting I ordered my Garrett GTA 1000 Power Master out of the back of a magazine. It was accurate,powerful and well made. The original run of the AT PRO was a complete dumpster fire as far as quality goes. When sales numbers become more important than quality, I bow out. Whites had a great thing going with the black box detectors. Not sure why they stopped making them.

Then there is the issue of their "test teams". I watched a video of a Garrett test team member who is supposedly some high falutin, godly, detectorist and the coil on their detector was on backwards. Same thing with Whites team. I have a friend who hunted with a few of their members when the V series came out. My friend was using a $450 detector and hunter circles around the Whites test team. He was BEGGED not to upload the video because it would make Whites look bad.

I understand they are in business to make money, but with such an obvious disconnect that is VISIBLE, I spend my money elsewhere.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like my White M6 in parks and campuses. A ring finder, well made and it gives me confidence. My Pro is a great detector with the 6x8 coil. It sniffes out lots with iron audio. My Fisher LTD is a great machine with the NEL 13” coil but the XP Deus is also a great machine with the std. coil or the HF coil. I usually take 2 detectors to a site. Hopefully one will do the job but I agree, White and Garrett both need to step up. Side note: I hear the EQ800 is a great machine but I probably won’t buy one.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Whites black box always bumped on the side of my leg :icon_scratch:

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread