digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have had it for years on Long Island. Has caused a spike in Alpha Gal cases, the meat allergy which never seems to go away. And I notice they are more nimble and faster moving than the other ticks.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ick I hate those things also some murder Bees will be crossing the border also

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go hunting and score, then get a tick bite, and then you cannot eat the meat. bummer!!!!!

Last edited:

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When people contract it then have an allergy-like symptom closing their breathing passages at night while sleeping sends them to the ER. Then you have be extra careful about meat byproducts in everything you eat. That is meat from cloven hooves.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have ticks this product can't be beat. way better than deet sprays such as OFF.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Tea Tree oil mixed with water in a spray bottle. My wife makes this mixture for any and all insects. I spray it around the cuffs on my shirt, around the bottom of my pants, and right on my body (neck, arms, face etc) It's all natural, so it does not hurt to put it directly on your body. I mention this mixture every year, at tick time, and it works extremely well. I have not had a tick on me since I started using it. It will also keep the mosquito's, fly's and everything else at bay. Tea Tree oil can be picked up at any Health food store, or through Young Living Essential oils.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tea tree oil Thanks for sharing that

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Tea Tree oil mixed with water in a spray bottle. My wife makes this mixture for any and all insects. I spray it around the cuffs on my shirt, around the bottom of my pants, and right on my body (neck, arms, face etc) It's all natural, so it does not hurt to put it directly on your body. I mention this mixture every year, at tick time, and it works extremely well. I have not had a tick on me since I started using it. It will also keep the mosquito's, fly's and everything else at bay. Tea Tree oil can be picked up at any Health food store, or through Young Living Essential oils.

How much oil per how much water?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Longhorned tick (China - figures) is also now found in NY. Just friggin great!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And it gets even worse.

We are coming up on Poli-Tick season. The worst of all. Nasty parasites that eat your brains and fill your head with lies and empty promises.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much oil per how much water?
In a 14 - 16 oz. spray bottle, fill the bottle with water and only use 4 -5 drops of the Tea Tree Oil. It is strong smelling, and does not take much. If after trying, you feel you want to add a few more drops of oil, go ahead and do so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread