Status
Not open for further replies.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent a THIEF Michael Greyshock (Motherlode Mike) $575.00 for a metal detector. on March 3rd 2020. Kept telling me some run around. March 31 told me it was sent UPS would not give me a tracking number. Nothing ever came. He will not reply back or answer my phone calls any more 530-802-3874 . I have filed a complaint with the F B I waiting for there reply. Told me he lives in California. Let me tell a little more about this THIEF !!! He sells Dirt with so called gold inside it. He ALSO writes stories for a few prospecting magazines. He tricked me into sending him the payment as a gift through Paypal. He KNEW WHAT THE HELL he was doing I did not. If anyone has any more info on him let me know. DO NOT EVER SEND a PAYMENT to ANYONE as a GIFT through Paypal !!!~

I even went as far as to ask others about him and was told NOT ONE COMPLAINT !!!

DO NOT EVER SEND a payment to SOMEONE through paypal as a gift ( I thought as A GIFT I was charged :( NOT SO !!! I have been on the internet since 1984 this was my FIRST really bad deal !!!

Just know what and who your dealing with and what for !!11

Last edited by a moderator:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a shame, Gare. Maybe he'll step in front of a bus, or something equally painful. Hate thieves and liars.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear Gare. I hope the authorities take good care of him.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gare, in the end he will not benefit from stealing your money.

I am a firm believer in "The Eternal Law of Retribution", and
that retribution will not come postmortem...fear not..before he
croaks, nature will balance the scales.

Flyad

Apr 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that, Gare. Agree to all above, thieves live long REALLY seldom. So I'm pretty sure your info will help authorities will track him down.

Roverboy70

Banned
May 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GARE, PM me immediately.

I think that this might be resolved. Amicably.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm so sorry that happened to you and these guys are right, he will get his tenfold.

If the FBI doesn't get back to you soon, call the police or sheriff in the town he lives in, they should take care of it.

Good Luck,
Kace

Roverboy70

Banned
May 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have contacted the two parties and have given information to both. I think that this has been a gross misunderstanding, buoyed my extensive personal problems. Happy to have done my part.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have contacted the two parties and have given information to both. I think that this has been a gross misunderstanding, buoyed my extensive personal problems. Happy to have done my part.

What's your part in all this?!?

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
What about PayPal?? Will they do anything for you. It is an obvious scam, they should. So sorry that happened.

Richard

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

This is getting downright cryptic.

Since Y'all brought this into a public forum, how about one
of ya's filling in some of the gaps here? kitty.gif

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gare paid for detector on March 3rd, was told it was physically being shipped March 30 by Motherlode Mike and Gare has not received detector yet and Motherlode Mike has ignored all communication attempts since.

Roverboy, stay out of it, this is between Motherlode Mike, Gare and TreasureNet. I know for a fact Gare did not ask you to get involved nor did TreasureNet. All Gare wants at this point is his money back.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about PayPal?? Will they do anything for you. It is an obvious scam, they should. So sorry that happened.

Richard

Not when paypal gift is used. PayPal gift will no longer be allowed in sale ads.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roverboy is unable to reply further.

Motherlode Mike has Gare phone number and email and has made no attempt to contact Gare or return his money or detector, sale is over 60 days old, more than enough time to have resolved this issue.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Gare. They are out there, ( I know, as I work at my County Jail with 750 inmates ). Maybe somehow, it will work out for you. If not, maybe he'll be caught and sent where he belongs. As another point, I am a retired UPS Delivery Driver, with 27 years in the Brown truck. I can guarantee you, if he won't give you a tracking number, the package was never sent. The same would be for FedEx, Post Office, etc. That's why they all use tracking numbers, so you can follow the package and find it if it gets lost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me say this Roverboy70 got into this problem un asked. he did manage to get some of my personal info. I thank Tnet and Treasurehunter for there intervention. DO NOT LET anyone you do NOT KNOW have your personal info LIKE I DID I do believe roverboy was somehow connected to Motherlode MIke . I HAVE NOTIFIED A LOT OF magazines Motherlode Mike wrote for telling of his dishonesty. Tnet and TreasureHunter I Thank you
you 111

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me say this Roverboy70 got into this problem un askled. he did manage to get some of my personal info. I thank Tnet and Treasurehunter for there intervention. DO NOT LET anyone yhou do NOT KNOW have your personal info LIKE I DID I do believe roverboy was somehow connected to Motherlode MIke . I haVE NOTIFIED A LOT OF magazines Motherlode Mike wrote for telling of his dishonesty. Tnet and TreasureHunter I Thank you
you 111

Have you been refunded yet? "Roverboy70" would like us to think it was resolved?

Also, unless pigs can fly, you are dead on, Roverboy70 is definitely connected somehow to the scammer, if not he himself.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen David Lyga's writings before . he post often on C.L rants and raves and dares people to look him up ,then post his name ,address and phone number.
it is the same style writing as I've seen before so I know it's him. I find it a bit odd to see him on here. google his name , the man loves to be involved in stuff.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen David Lyga's writings before . he post often on C.L rants and raves and dares people to look him up ,then post his name ,address and phone number.
it is the same style writing as I've seen before so I know it's him. I find it a bit odd to see him on here. google his name , the man loves to be involved in stuff.

Thread cleaned, he will no longer be posting here, he can troll some other forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread