Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I like it! Nice package. Wish it were fully waterproof though. Multi Frequency is great. Salt setting is another awesome feature. 5 tone audio and proportional audio. Iron audio that can be adjusted up or down. Adjustable audio for HP and speaker. Back light. All That’s good.
Price (street price) seems right in there. I wouldn’t pay MSRP. Too close to an Nox.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to see what new coils they will have for this machine in the future.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not bad, i think a new shaft design and waterproof would have nailed it.
Maybe for a new at series release.

bparks

Greenie
Apr 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it'll be another good option for new detectorists or people looking to upgrade their more basic machines.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it'll be another good option for new detectorists or people looking to upgrade their more basic machines.

Me too! I think it’s a nice upgrade Garrett pulled off. As I mentioned in another post, it’s like a 2nd tier level detector.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it !! :occasion14:

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the street price?

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don’t they get a system like equinox, or do deus even notka infibio, they already have ace series, they dropped all again. Why waste money on little improvements when you will buy the next little improvements. Point I’m making if you can afford it get the others don’t waste money buying 3 and 4 machines not smart

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...big problem...only goes to 20 khz. My 40 year old Tesoro Lobo did that. They must have been in a hurry to get a new toy out there but at that low frequency, the Equinox and others will eat its lunch.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think they are trying to keep their hold on the low end Ace line. The president of Garrett (sport div?) in the video they sold over 1,000,000 Ace metal detectors and it is still going well in terms of sales.

Not meant to compete with the Equinox. The Garrett Equinox competitor will come next obviously. It will be the AT Pro Apex and will be aimed at the Equinox detectors.

Lot of people will buy more Ace detectors and a portion of them will give up. Another portion will eventually upgrade to the AT Pro Apex when then desire an upgrade and the AT Pro Apex is available.

I am happy that Garrett is back in the game. They know how to make a water proof detector and they know how to make a multi-freq detector. In fact I have no doubt that their engineers are just as capable as Minelab engineers.

Lots of good competition is going on now by Minelab, Garrett, XP and Nokta Marko.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, there isn't any "game" until we're all let out of Covid jail. *sighs*

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don’t they get a system like equinox, or do deus even notka infibio, they already have ace series, they dropped all again. Why waste money on little improvements when you will buy the next little improvements. Point I’m making if you can afford it get the others don’t waste money buying 3 and 4 machines not smart

Multi frequency isnt a little improvement. The AT MAX...was a little improvement.... They are not competing with Deus, equinox they are replacing the Ace series. The next releases (as mentioned in the release video) will compete with the equinox and waterproof machines. This is the START of the new generation of detectors from Garrett

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread