Moved to Orlando - Which Beaches are OK?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By QuartermasterD
  • 1 Post By bparks
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By newnan man
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By newnan man
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter

Thread: Moved to Orlando - Which Beaches are OK?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2018
    Gainesville, FL
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Moved to Orlando - Which Beaches are OK?

Hi all, as the title implies, I recently moved to Orlando and I am not familiar with the beaches near me. I'm looking to head out Saturday morning to do some beach detecting, so I wanted to see if anyone had advice on where to go. It seems like New Smyrna and Cocoa are the two obvious locations to start, but I'm not sure about the in-between. What are the best spots? And at what point for each is metal detecting not allowed? I would guess no further north than the port channel for Cocoa, but what about south of NSB? Thanks in advance for any replies!
    doc-d likes this.

Apr 2015
    5 times
    You got Daytona Beach just north of New Symrna. Lots of tourists when there isn't a virus going on. Probably a good chance to find jewelry.
    doc-d likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32351 times
    Daytona, New Smyrna Beach and Cocoa are all available and you can also hit west coast beaches like St Pete, Clearwater and other smaller beaches.

I live in NW Orlando, what part of Orlando are you in?
    doc-d likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    A very young old man

Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    2147 times
    Relic Hunting
    First off welcome to Florida. Second I'm sorry you have to live in Orlando!
    I don't metal detect but they do it a lot here on the beaches in the Melbourne Beach area.
    About 20 miles south of me is Sebastian Inlet and some very impressive Spanish coin finds are common. There is a small museum on the beach just south of the inlet. After storms the " Cobb Patrols " are out in force looking for shipwreck coins. This part of Florida is called the treasure coast for that very reason. There are in the summer ship wreck treasure hunters anchored over their leases searching for the shipwrecks that dot this stretch of beach. You can see them from the beach between Sebastian & Vero. A friend of mine here in Indialantic walks the beach early almost every day. She has found 3 coins over the years while looking for sea glass and unusual shells. All were Spanish shipwreck coins. Good luck.
    doc-d likes this.
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    and we never even know we have the key. The Eagles

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32351 times
    Be careful in Sebastian inlet area, it violates state law to detect in the water at all in that area unless your working for the company that owns the lease for that area.
    doc-d and newnan man like this.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    A very young old man

Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    2147 times
    Relic Hunting
    Treasure Hunter is right. Most people don't know or care about Florida's strict laws pertaining to shipwrecks and native American artifacts. I think both are overbearing and unconstitutional. If someone finds a coin on the beach the last person I'd tell is the State. They have basically legalized their right to seize most of what people spend a fortune to find.
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    and we never even know we have the key. The Eagles

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    32351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan man View Post
    Treasure Hunter is right. Most people don't know or care about Florida's strict laws pertaining to shipwrecks and native American artifacts. I think both are overbearing and unconstitutional. If someone finds a coin on the beach the last person I'd tell is the State. They have basically legalized their right to seize most of what people spend a fortune to find.
    Finding it on the beach is legal as long as not in water or wet sand,, even 1/2 inch if water is illegal on Treasure coast.
    newnan man likes this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links