Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have two Orx and a Nox 600
Thought of selling an Orx and buying apex but
don’t think there’s any gain just different. 2nd Orx beats an apex all day long but it is a nice machine for sure. Think it’ll do well. I’d get it over a vanquish and def over a simplex. Garrett hit the right mark with it

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what's new about it?

There is really nothing "new" in any brands detector. Deus came out with totally wireless coil and all, that was new.
There may be innovations, but the basic concept of metal detection hasn't really changed in decades.
Check the stats they are pretty easy to find, I think its the 1st multi freq detector that Garrett has put out, so thats new. I haven't preordered but will likely get one shortly after they become available.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds exciting hope you like it. Ive always liked Garrett Ive got a NOX 800 now but its not so much the Machine as it is the person using the Machine!!!!! believe that!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very true A2coins! I bought a Simplex for a throw in the car anytime detector, but I must say it is keeping up with my friends NOX 800. Now, I'm not saying a $ 339 dollar machine is better than a Multifrequency NOX, but signal checking the last few hunts show me that I would have not missed any of the deeper targets. Yes, the VID jumps a bit, but all deep targets would have been dug by the tone.
Just an interesting observation/test in a farm field.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There it is you can buy the best Golf clubs out there but if you dont know how to use em!!!!!!!!!!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see some of the latest greatest in action myself. I know hype to build interest is advertising, but hype is hype without seeing it in use. Even then, it's still the person swinging the coil as to how good the machine is. Apex interests me because of multi- frequency as some of the other detectors have that are reported to be the best. Heck, I'm still waiting to see something real about Cygnus...hint, hint...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope he is ok ..................I was thinking about that myself Docwieser

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something tells me John-Edmonton was one of the first on the preorder list. :laughing7:

halo71

Jun 4, 2020
Lincolnton, GA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have two Orx and a Nox 600
Thought of selling an Orx and buying apex but
don’t think there’s any gain just different. 2nd Orx beats an apex all day long but it is a nice machine for sure. Think it’ll do well. I’d get it over a vanquish and def over a simplex. Garrett hit the right mark with it

Looking to buy my first detector. The Apex and the Vanquish and Simplex were suggested to me. What makes the Apex a better buy? I've used a Garrett 2500 before and really like it. Been several years ago though.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pre ordered my Tesoro Cazador and it should be here next week. All new tech, gold bronze anodized face with a "speaker" ( lets you hear a sound when coil goes over a treasure) also has a multi position switch (includes on as well as off). Theres a "concentric" coil - pretty cool - looks like a donut. I think theres wires inside. Its called the "cazador" translates to hunter because you will need to be a hunter to find the company. All components are now down to 1/4 watt- here's the kicker - *transistor!! no more valves ! I call it 'solid state'- not sure if the term will stick.
Will enjoy posting a review when it gets here.

chub

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pre ordered my Tesoro Cazador and it should be here next week. All new tech, gold bronze anodized face with a "speaker" ( lets you hear a sound when coil goes over a treasure) also has a multi position switch (includes on as well as off). Theres a "concentric" coil - pretty cool - looks like a donut. I think theres wires inside. Its called the "cazador" translates to hunter because you will need to be a hunter to find the company. All components are now down to 1/4 watt- here's the kicker - *transistor!! no more valves ! I call it 'solid state'- not sure if the term will stick.
Will enjoy posting a review when it gets here.

chub

I had the Whites version of that. The 8-track player would always jamb up and my pharmacy quit stocking 12AU7 tubes!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keith is a good man, he has always treated me well! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread