Got a steves counter balance rod for my detector

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been awhile since I've been on the forum. Was having problems swinging the 15 in coil and even the 11 in after 5 hours of detecting every day. So I told Steve I was having problems with my hands and back. So he said I better get the longer counter bal with the 3 bags. Wow I love it so far with my swing 25 harness. I bought a carbon fiber shaft from another guy. It only had one hole for arm cuff and a cheep shaft clamp. Could adjust arm cuff to where I wanted. I would end up putting my little finger under the rod while detecting. And I didn't like the red clamp. When I would change coils. The clamp would fall the wrong way and unscrew one turn. That was just enough to make my coil twist while detecting. But Steve has a different clamp set up. He does a great job and has the best rods so far. Plus has arm adjustment holes for the cuff. Even the counter weight end screw is a long screw thread. He built it right and its a nice unit. My 11 '' coil feels better than my 4in coil weight wise. Plus I can adjust my arm cuff closer to the screen. Or adjust it for the counter weight bal. If your a old fart like me. I would get one. big difference.

Upham

Feb 27, 2019
North Attleboro, MA
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, AT Max & ATX (new)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been awhile since I've been on the forum. Was having problems swinging the 15 in coil and even the 11 in after 5 hours of detecting every day. So I told Steve I was having problems with my hands and back. So he said I better get the longer counter bal with the 3 bags. Wow I love it so far with my swing 25 harness. I bought a carbon fiber shaft from another guy. It only had one hole for arm cuff and a cheep shaft clamp. Could adjust arm cuff to where I wanted. I would end up putting my little finger under the rod while detecting. And I didn't like the red clamp. When I would change coils. The clamp would fall the wrong way and unscrew one turn. That was just enough to make my coil twist while detecting. But Steve has a different clamp set up. He does a great job and has the best rods so far. Plus has arm adjustment holes for the cuff. Even the counter weight end screw is a long screw thread. He built it right and its a nice unit. My 11 '' coil feels better than my 4in coil weight wise. Plus I can adjust my arm cuff closer to the screen. Or adjust it for the counter weight bal. If your a old fart like me. I would get one. big difference.

Good to hear! I have one on order. [emoji16]

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your going to love it. I bought a detector ed's carbon and compared to Steves is cheep. Steve has a latch that the adj screw doesn't change if you switch coils. He knows what he is doing. I use mine with the pro swing. Still getting use to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread