Got a steves counter balance rod for my detector
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By frankie
  • 1 Post By Upham

Thread: Got a steves counter balance rod for my detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    um
    Feb 2010
    mass
    ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
    185 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Got a steves counter balance rod for my detector

Been awhile since I've been on the forum. Was having problems swinging the 15 in coil and even the 11 in after 5 hours of detecting every day. So I told Steve I was having problems with my hands and back. So he said I better get the longer counter bal with the 3 bags. Wow I love it so far with my swing 25 harness. I bought a carbon fiber shaft from another guy. It only had one hole for arm cuff and a cheep shaft clamp. Could adjust arm cuff to where I wanted. I would end up putting my little finger under the rod while detecting. And I didn't like the red clamp. When I would change coils. The clamp would fall the wrong way and unscrew one turn. That was just enough to make my coil twist while detecting. But Steve has a different clamp set up. He does a great job and has the best rods so far. Plus has arm adjustment holes for the cuff. Even the counter weight end screw is a long screw thread. He built it right and its a nice unit. My 11 '' coil feels better than my 4in coil weight wise. Plus I can adjust my arm cuff closer to the screen. Or adjust it for the counter weight bal. If your a old fart like me. I would get one. big difference.

us
    Feb 2019
    North Attleboro, MA
    AT Gold, AT Max & ATX (new)
    328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie View Post
    Been awhile since I've been on the forum. Was having problems swinging the 15 in coil and even the 11 in after 5 hours of detecting every day. So I told Steve I was having problems with my hands and back. So he said I better get the longer counter bal with the 3 bags. Wow I love it so far with my swing 25 harness. I bought a carbon fiber shaft from another guy. It only had one hole for arm cuff and a cheep shaft clamp. Could adjust arm cuff to where I wanted. I would end up putting my little finger under the rod while detecting. And I didn't like the red clamp. When I would change coils. The clamp would fall the wrong way and unscrew one turn. That was just enough to make my coil twist while detecting. But Steve has a different clamp set up. He does a great job and has the best rods so far. Plus has arm adjustment holes for the cuff. Even the counter weight end screw is a long screw thread. He built it right and its a nice unit. My 11 '' coil feels better than my 4in coil weight wise. Plus I can adjust my arm cuff closer to the screen. Or adjust it for the counter weight bal. If your a old fart like me. I would get one. big difference.
    Good to hear! I have one on order.
    If I make you mad because of something I posted I just want to let you know I'm very old, don't know what I'm talking about, and I've probably been drinking. Forgive me!
    Up

um
    Feb 2010
    mass
    ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
    185 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Your going to love it. I bought a detector ed's carbon and compared to Steves is cheep. Steve has a latch that the adj screw doesn't change if you switch coils. He knows what he is doing. I use mine with the pro swing. Still getting use to it.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links