Yard sale permission

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A casual conversation at a yard sale last weekend turned into what may be a great metal detecting opportunity.

Three lots in a very small mining town that dates to the 1850’s which is as old as it gets around here. The owner had said a couple guys were going to bring over detectors and I asked if he was opposed to me coming in after them...I suspected the chances were slim of anybody doing any serious detecting. I was right. They came and detected for 30-40 minutes and left after digging some trash.

Two of the lots front the Main Street and one is on the corner of the two main roads.

Seems like yard sales would be a good no pressure opportunity to meet and talk with owners about detecting.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct, and I have used the yard sale opportunity a few times. I always tell them, that I will come back next week when the sale is over.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear yard sale going on again I love hitting them. Good going on the permission. Doesnt seem like they were there for any decent hunt to have been done. They probobly figured no coins or treasure in 45 minutes cant be anything here LOL Ive hunted parks where people with CTX 3030s hunt Equinox all of those and they say its hunted out and Ill find silver and all kinds of stuff its not just the machine but the people using em Good luck looks like they got notta

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of my best permissions have come from yard sales...
Guaranteed yes? Buy a couple of junk things you don’t need, and pay the price they want, instead of dickering down a couple of bucks...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions