Little help with XP Deus question please!!

Pikeslumber

Greenie
Feb 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about getting a Deus for a while now and have noticed that you can pick one up right now new with the WS4 module for $699 at several places. I am wondering if the WS4 module [Or whatever it's called] is as good as the units that come with the original remote? It doesn't look like the module could have all of the options that the remote has but if it isn't as good then I think I would have heard complaints? Any Deus owners that have the WS4 setup and your thoughts? Also, most places are offering a choice between the X35 9" coil or the 11" coil. Any thoughts on what coil is better with the Deus? Thanks

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe you are refering to the new ORX. It is a nice machine, my wife has one. Honestly, I'm not impressed with its limited features, but that's because I use the full feature deus. You can get an ORX, but you will wish you had full tones some day.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think he is talking about the Deus Lite. Check with the dealers. Gotta ask for best price. I saw a full Deus new pretty good price.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the full version. I find it easier to use than the one with just the round puck.

OP
OP
P

Pikeslumber

Greenie
Feb 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the Deus. Most of the big dealers like Kellyco BigBoyToys or whatever the name all seem to have this special.

XP Deus Metal Detector w/ Backphone Headphones and 9” X35 Waterproof Search Coil
$699.00 DEUS22WS4-x.jpg

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's a significant price drop. Might have to check that out!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it is the regular Deus. The puck does not have as many features as the full remote. And you have to take it off the machine and put it in the headphones to use them. I don't think the puck gives you any kind of reading as to what the item under the coil might be, but I may be wrong about that. I have the WS-5 version and can hunt with the headphones alone without a remote or I can use just the remote or I can combine them and get the tones through the headphones and the readout on the screen.
Just call one of the dealers and ask them what the difference is. I bought mine from Big Boys Hobbies. Bart is a nice guy.

OP
OP
P

Pikeslumber

Greenie
Feb 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have called a couple of places and they say it has the same options and features but right off the bat you are correct, it has no visual screen to see vdi numbers etc.??

OP
OP
P

Pikeslumber

Greenie
Feb 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to believe at that price no one has bought one to chime in with info!?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through Paypal credit and got six months free interest. Then I saw a credit card offer to transfer balance, so I got another fifteen months interest free. I suggest you get the full Deus that comes with the Mi-6 pinpointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread