Fenn Treasure FOUND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man and I was getting so close to the location.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Every few months there is a another claim that it has been found. So far, no evidence has been presented.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every few months there is a another claim that it has been found. So far, no evidence has been presented.

Time for more coffee.

Are those claims made by Fenn himself? No.

Guys, Fenn regularly posted on the site I linked. I’ll say I’m 98% sure it has been found based on the announcement with the 2% possibility that a hacker is making a joke. Here is a link further in the blog that reiterated what was posted and if you read the comments by the serious hunters, it’s clear they understand it has been found, too.

https://dalneitzel.com/2020/06/06/important-advice-2/

Louie D

Nov 16, 2018
The Motor City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without looking closely, I'm detecting BS on the whole affair, doesn't pass the smell test for me.

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without looking closely, I'm detecting BS on the whole affair, doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Meaning it wasn’t found or that Fenn is fudging that it was found so he can end the hunt?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barnum and Bailey is ringing in my head....."There's a sucker born every minute"

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm right there with you.

Four things that stick out:

1. It's Fenn himself claiming it was found (as it was just Fenn himself saying it was buried, with no proof and no witnesses), it wasn't the finder himself coming forward to the public.

2. Fenn said its "some" guy from the east who "is shy" (how convenient). Yet, Fenn indicates the guy contacted him to prove he found it. If you truly wanted to stay anonymous, contacting the original owner is not the way to do it. The IRS will have no problem finding you now that you contacted Fenn (if your goal was to avoid the taxman).

3. Fenn says the guy sent him a picture of the chest. Let us see the picture.

4. Since it's been found, why not just tell us where he had originally buried it?

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm right there with you.

Four things that stick out:

1. It's Fenn himself claiming it was found (as it was just Fenn himself saying it was buried, with no proof and no witnesses), it wasn't the finder himself coming forward to the public.

2. Fenn said its "some" guy from the east who "is shy" Yet, Fenn indicates the guy contacted him to prove he found it. If you truly wanted to stay anonymous, contacting the original owner, is not the way to do it. The IRS will have no problem finding you now that you contacted Fenn (if your goal was to avoid the taxman, but Fenn claims its because he is "shy").

3. Fenn says the guy sent him a picture of the chest. Let us see the picture.

4. Since it's been found, why not just tell us where he had originally buried it?

And a couple of more facts that ad to the (lack of) credibility of the claim it's been found (or was ever buried to begin with):

5. Brian Erskine of Prescott, Ariz., said in his complaint, filed in U.S. District Court, that he “solved the quest. He (Fenn) just got served with my lawsuit, and now we have this press release,"

6. When asked by the Press to release the photo he was sent, "Fenn declined to produce the photograph Sunday."

Now, I don't think the people suing him found it either, but being sued takes time and money on Fenn's end and is the case in most all civil law suits, he will be deposed under oath and then it'd be exposed that it was never there to begin with.

Last edited:

Louie D

Nov 16, 2018
The Motor City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meaning it wasn’t found or that Fenn is fudging that it was found so he can end the hunt?

Meaning the whole affair reminds me of some 7th grade level con artist crap. In the event I am proven wrong, I will humbly apologize.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He gave clues to the location in his 2010 poem, but 350,000 people couldn't figure it out over the last 10 years. Now we're suppose to believe some guy was smarter than 350,000 people and located the treasure? Sorry, not buying it and never bought the tall tale from day one. Just a publicity stunt then and now.

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meaning the whole affair reminds me of some 7th grade level con artist crap. In the event I am proven wrong, I will humbly apologize.

If you guys are right and he’s been conning since day one, it’d be interesting to see if he gets prison time for the people who died searching for it.

I want it to be true. I want him to have buried the treasure and someone found it. As with any treasure legend, there’s always some bit of doubt but I really hope this one was legit and we’ll see some proof soon. Incidentally, if someone found it, I wouldn’t say he was “smarter” than all the others. He just thought of the clues differently, got a little lucky, and actually went out and looked instead of armchairing it.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Clues leading to the treasure's location were included in a 24-line poem published in Fenn's 2010 autobiography "The Thrill of the Chase."

Clue #7 as to why the treasure never was to begin with. He was selling a book. What better way to promote a book then including the "clues" to a million dollar treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread