Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Sorry for what you are going thru BUT lesson to be learned here. Go to a tax preparer who uses E file. It costs me $90.00 both state and federal. I drop my info off, he does my taxes, I stop by and sign and then he hits the send button. Refunds are auto deposit.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for what you are going thru BUT lesson to be learned here. Go to a tax preparer who uses E file. It costs me $90.00 both state and federal. I drop my info off, he does my taxes, I stop by and sign and then he hits the send button. Refunds are auto deposit.
Lol my account was E filed and our account was hacked.

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have their home title stolen? They sell something called home title lock that’s supposed to monitor your title for that possibility. Man we live in a rotten society. ( with maybe the majority not and still by far the best one) makes you cynical for sure

I never make comments like this online because with my luck, the perps would end up in a tree chipper and I'd be the first guy they look at... And I wouldn't even have had the satisfaction of losing then slowly into it feet first:laughing7:

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Your sentence written that your tax preparer thought the info was stolen from the mail threw me. I am guessing she/you was referring to your 10-99 forms that were mailed. But then if they were stolen how could your tax preparer use the info from them? If she has had 3 of her clients taxes compromised I would move on to someone else as it sounds as though he system has a problem.

I feel for you and your family but I know my guy has never had a problem. He is a CPA that does taxes after hours out of his house.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
You wrote you mailed your taxes in early April and then came back and wrote you e-filed them. Hope this gets straightened out for you.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wrote you mailed your taxes in early April and then came back and wrote you e-filed them. Hope this gets straightened out for you.

I did mail in the paper work to begin with. When I didn't get our refund I called my tax lady who then tried to e-file them thinking that they may have gotten lost in the mail or something. The e-file was rejected saying that a return was on record, but it wasn't our true return, it was the fake one filed by the thief. He or she then set up direct deposit to a Green Dot bank account and a week or so later got our stimulus check.
I was on the phone with the IRS for over 3 hours earlier this week talking to 3 different people. Well, I actually talked for about 30 minutes, the rest of the time I was on hold! All I found out was that my case had not been assigned to a fraud investigator yet and to give them about 180 days to check into it. I did find out about the Green Dot account but they couldn't give me the full account number. So, maybe by Christmas I will hear from them.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your sentence written that your tax preparer thought the info was stolen from the mail threw me. I am guessing she/you was referring to your 10-99 forms that were mailed. But then if they were stolen how could your tax preparer use the info from them? If she has had 3 of her clients taxes compromised I would move on to someone else as it sounds as though he system has a problem.

I feel for you and your family but I know my guy has never had a problem. He is a CPA that does taxes after hours out of his house.

My completed tax return was stolen after I mailed it. The other clients returns were completely falsified and filed in early February, long before she did their taxes. In those cases only the names and SSNs were used and everything else was made up. In my case the amounts of income and the sources were used so whoever filed the false return had to have my copy to get those facts and figures from.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you have A update yet ?

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and no. I got a letter from the IRS last week saying they received the form I filed back in July. At least I now know that my case has been assigned to an agent. But, the letter also stated to give them 180 days to investigate my claim. That means I will file my 2020 tax return before I get this one resolved!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread