Defunded Police- Where would you detect first?

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:

I'm not being political - this is just hypothetical...

The police have been defunded.???:BangHead::laughing7: There's nobody to stop you. Pretending that its safe to do so where would you detect ?

For me it would be a picnic / stargazing spot next to a national monument about 20 minutes away (and yes I would fill my plugs beautifully! and respect other citizens).

Chub

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you forgot about the street gangs. Nobody safe. In Brazil they kidnap people and hold them for ransom.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would metal detect around every police station in a 25 mile radius, of course! I'll bet no one has ever detected those spots!

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

The police have been defunded.???:BangHead::laughing7: There's nobody to stop you. Pretending that its safe to do so where would you detect ?

For me it would be a picnic / stargazing spot next to a national monument about 20 minutes away (and yes I would fill my plugs beautifully! and respect other citizens).

Chub

I'm not being political- This is just real, If they defund the police and you go out to detect you might come back to a smoldering lot where you and your family once lived.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is more of a light hearted look at where we would detect without laws being enforced. A no police state would of course be absurd.

Chub

malenkai

May 4, 2016
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A local police station is an old schoolhouse from 1906 or so. Even tho it is public property, they said I could not detect there. Would be my first choice. I have actually detected other police stations, which are generally public property as well, and have done quite well.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Antietam and then Gettysburg :tongue3: JK NPS

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think anyone planned or mentioned on defunding the National Parks Service or Departments of Conservation & Wardens.

I think I'll avoid any cities of over 5,000 people if the police are disbanded. At least until after all the killings and lootings level off.

But people are confusing "defunded" with "restructured".

Would you rather face one or two police officers or a group of neighborhood vigilantes protecting what they consider their home turf?

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Charlie P., they did not mention Park Service, etc., just police and would rather not be around places where the lack of Police would make detecting hazardous. Places that I would like to detect, most are within the National Parks and so this would not do much for making those more accessible.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny though, if you look at appropriate maps old and new (in WA for instance) it would seem all the spots where historically gold has been found are now either state or federal land.

weird.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the campus of some of the colleges in my area.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the Treasure coasts off limit beaches

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
When the Rodney King riots in L.A. happened, I was on vacation. CNN at 2A.M. showed a suburb where the residents had blocked the road with 2 cars nose to nose. Behind the cars were men with shotguns and deer rifles (no AK's or AR's). A couple of blocks down the street were another group just like them. If you had no business on that street you didn't get in. They were not going to let their neighborhood burn. Also showed an Asian guy who had a liquer store. On the roof was a guy with a long gun and behind a car parked in front of his door was a guy with a tec 9 exchanging gunfire with people across the street. Asian guy said the store was all he had and was not going to lose it. Next day, every building on the block was gone except the Asian guys store. Funny you never saw those clips again. I don't want a world with no cops, but if I could detect I'd like Harry Truman's house in Independence, MO. and maybe the state fair grounds. Good luck.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other

Chub

in answer to a silly fun question?

Deserves a silly fun answer?

Fort Knox! :tongue3:

:laughing7: Crow

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to put a BIG "$4.95" price tag on your detector so it reduces mugger temptation, and carry a big stick.
Also a new meaning for "shovel ready" 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread