Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would anyone bother looking for treasure in the Philippines when the government takes 75 percent ? Also, the National museum, run by the government, will take anything they consider cultural or historically significant, well what is more historically significant than tons of gold stolen and hidden by the Japanese during an historically significant war ?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what i don't understand, is why they quit digging where they found the charcoal, marble etc.

They find a block and tackle in the bottom, and some rope that looks modern, and figure some one beat them to it.

The block and tackle, must have been what the scans picked up

WHAT?? KEEP DIGGING!!

So some one found the treasure, and then threw their tools in the hole, and filled it back in. Making sure the charcoal and marble were in the right spot.

Something is very fishy, in my opinion. DIG A FEW FEET MORE.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Betrayal.
Come on guys admit it...you know these reality tv shows are fake, yet hide it from yourselves for your own pleasure.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the Philippine Government is Keeping a Close Eye on them with Surprise Inspections.
As soon as they hear they hit Treasure, They will most likely be Thrown out of the Country.
at the very Least, they will be thrown off the Spot & Need to look somewhere else.

Most likely this is already agreed to in order to have the Permission to search & Film.
which is all the film crew cares about. they get their pay from tv show advertisers.

Hopefully they haven't agreed to not even admit a find on air,
But would be a Smart thing for the Philippine Government to Insist on.

If it is found it may need to go through Repatriation :( which ain't right either !

I'm 100% for the finder having the option of "Finders Keepers"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The government ain’t dumb, they let anyone spend their money looking for treasure, and then claim it when it’s found.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least in England they pay you for it, but that’s kind of a bummer too since I’d be more interested in keeping the objects that I find.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
I think you can provide the answers to a lot of the issues you raised yourselves:

1. When someone turns up on Treasurenet saying they have a real Yamashita treasure map, or know where the treasure is, or are looking for investors how many of you put money into it?

If you didn't out money into it why not?

2. When Ample Entertainment (the makers of Cooper's Treasure) turned up on Treasurenet looking for people to be in their new reality TV treasure hunt show for Yamashita's gold (aka Lost Gold of WWII) how many of you applied to be in it?

If not, why not?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't impressed by "Cooper's Treasure" .

so he saw anomalies in the ocean from space & Called them Treasures :tongue3:

wasn't convincing enough for me.

as for Treasure Maps . I can see where there are Reasons for Treasure Maps, But there seems to be too many copies
to make them worth much. and originals most likely get destroyed with age. more then not.

plus they are a first come first serve thing. after that they are just a map to where it was.

there is no doubt in my mind the Treasures were hidden there and some remain.
I'm not sure I believe in the Intentional Booby Traps, Just the ones that come with age,
Like Rotten Beams, Broken Glass & Slippery Rocks

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as for the Paranoia of the original Hiders.

if alive, Not a single one of them is under 90.

and more likely over 95

. that said, Now that they found a Treasure, The Season is Over :(
Hopefully they get to continue

Last edited:

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who said government gets 75? i think you should check your legal basis .

the law on this matter is no longer covered under the civil code only if it conflicts with REpublic Act 10066 or the National Cultural Heritage ACt of 2009 ( some said its RA 8492 or the National Museum Act of 1998 or its implementing rules DENR DAO 2002–04. Others claimed the prevailing law is Republic Act 4846, as amended by PD 374, otherwise known as Cultural Properties Preservation Act. However, RA 10066 is the latest law, thus it is the prevailing law. ). Please read the National Museum Office Order no. 83, series of 2011 (January 5, 2011) entitled THE ISSUANCE OFPERMITS FOR TREASURE HUNTING on page 171 of this link https://www.nationalmuseum.gov.ph/nationalmuseumbeta/Transparency/3.%20Pawim%20CPRD%20%20Final%20pdf.pdf , and the underlying authority in implementing rules of RA 10066 on this link - https://www.wipo.int/edocs/lexdocs/laws/en/ph/ph141en.pdf. For the actual text of RA 10066, please search the internet. Please disregard DENR DAO 2002–04 and other DENR issuances because the said implementing rules are no longer valid with the passage of RA 10066 and National Museum Office Order 83, series of 2011. In view of the abovementioned laws , if you buy a gold coming from treasure recoveries, it is very difficult to buy and transport those golds. the Government in NM office order 83, series of 2011 will require the finder to turn over all the golds and other items resulting from treasure recoveries for proper valuation and disposition. they will also require from the finder a copy of treasure permit previously issued by National Museum , a formal intent to transport those goods. Once the gold and other items are turned over, the the Natioanl Museum shall determine if the said gold and other items resulting from treasure finds have cultural and historical value. Simply said, all the treasures recovered will be turned over to the National Museum for appropriate action ( to follow the new sharing scheme under the new law and to determine if they have cultural and historical significance for other items found during treasure recoveries). Based on the net proceeds ,
  • If public land- Government gets 50%, permit holder gets 50%.
  • if private lands- Government gets 30% , applicant gets 70%.
when all proceeds have been distributed, the government confiscates any intellectural property rights arising from the documentation or recording of the discovery by film, video, publication and media, which means the government confiscates any rights which you may have obtained in recovering the treasure. the government is the automatic owner of those intellectual rights. you cannot publish or disseminate those knowledge without the approval of the owner in default (government). Section 16 of National Office Order , 83 , series of 2011 provides the following: An intellectual property rights arising from the documentation or recording of the discovery, recovery and other such activities pertaining to Treasure Hunting by means of still photography, film, video or other forms of electronic media, publication of the images generated thereby and other forms of reproduction or dissemination of the same belong to the Government and shall be governed by appropriate laws. EXPORT OF GOLD FROM TREASURE RECOVERIES - needs BsP approval ANy export of those golds are allowed only upon the approval of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas ( old name of BSP is Central Bank of the Philippines ) . please take note that the export must be approved by BSP and not National Museum. For other information about treasure hunting recoveries and permits, please click this link : https://www.nationalmuseum.gov.ph/nationalmuseumbeta/Transparency/3.%20Pawim%20CPRD%20%20Final%20pdf.pdf If you have already researched the matter exhaustively, it makes you think that Philippine Laws on treasure finds or treasure recoveries are a little bit unfair . However, the prevailing laws and regulations on treasure recoveries are not unfair. Compare Philippine laws on treasure recoveries with those of the other countries, and see how the Philippines fair on that matter. Plus , the laws are fair considering that all natural resources even those buried under the ground , and even on private lands, are all owned by the Government under the Regalian Doctrine (public land -government gets 50%, if private lands, governemtn gets 30% under the regalian doctrine). But the government , aware of the efforts made and expenses spent by the treasure hunters, allows itself to share the gold find with the permit holders/treasure hunters. We should be happy we can still share the gold with the government, and not all treasure finds are confiscated similar to other places.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The question should be why would anyone even look for the treasure when it was clearly found already?
Where did Marcos get that shiteload of gold from? :icon_scratch:
Tens of millions of Filippinos searching the countryside since WW2 and it was never found?
Ask any of the 100,000 Filippinos living here and they ALL will say it's buried on their family property "BOCK HOME."
I know, my girlfriend is one of them.
That country is also ripe with superstition. So much, that the treasure legend lives on, long after the gold was found.

Actually, It wasn't really the Japanese that hid all that gold.
It was really moved from the money pit on Joke island by the Knights Templar and headed for Shambala but they mistook the Philippines for the Himalayas and.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wasn't all found.

Not only that but there is allot of Older Treasures buried in the Islands.

Yes Marcos got allot of the WW2 Treasures, But not all. if There were Billions of Dollars worth 1940's Values.
Marcos only got a "smidge" :coffee2:

I'm hoping the Crates they found on last nights Show
are filled with Gold.
But even if they are empty or Contain World War 2 Rations, They are still Treasure.
the Location under the waterfall though makes me think possible Gold Treasures .

Like I said though, Will they be allowed to Dig it, Or will the Government put it off Limits and retrieve it Quietly ?

if they are smart they will let the TV show pay to reach it.
Then swoop in if it is Treasure & Confiscate all film & treasure.
Or Confiscate the un-open Boxes and replace the treasure with sand,
Then tell the show they found sand.

that way the Crybabies can't say it has to be given back to the Japanese,
& the Philippine Government can Melt it down & re use it

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be supplies, but that deep in a mountain, I'm guessing its something valuable.
whether or not we will ever get to see what it truly is, remains to be seen.
there is a lot of drama on shows like this, but what else are you gonna watch, the evening news?? :BangHead:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
why dont they force smoke in to that drill hole ,like they did on other holes.there has to be a tunnel some where.
brad

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why dont they force smoke in to that drill hole ,like they did on other holes.there has to be a tunnel some where.
brad

I'm Guessing they did.

Either it Didn't work in Which Case, No reason to air the clip.
Or it did, And the Clip will be saved for next Season, If they were not Ejected by the Powers that be already.

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a big issue...but one thing I'm certain of - IF treasure is discovered, the Japanese will never be gifted ANY of it! Lived in the RPI during Marcos' rule and every native Filipino I knew VEHEMENTLY HATED the Japanese. Worked with one whose Uncle during WWII was forced with threat of death into beheading other Filipinos. Another co-worker (American born citizen of Japanese decent) witnessed a Filipino board the bus he was riding and shoot another Japanese passenger in the head. The shooter then departed the bus as if nothing had happened.

By the way...Filipino's are some of the smartest and hardest working people I've met. Awesome Chess players!

Last edited:

brainpan

Greenie
Jun 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big issue...but one thing I'm certain of - IF treasure is discovered, the Japanese will never be gifted ANY of it! Lived in the RPI during Marcos' rule and every native Filipino I knew VEHEMENTLY HATED the Japanese. Worked with one whose Uncle during WWII was forced with threat of death into beheading other Filipinos. Another omegle co-worker (American born citizen of Japanese decent) witnessed a Filipino board the bus he was riding and shoot another Japanese passenger in the head. The shooter then departed the bus as if nothing had happened.

By the way...Filipino's are some of the smartest and hardest working people I've met. Awesome Chess players!

government ain’t dumb, they let anyone spend their money looking for treasure, and then claim it when it’s found

Last edited:

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you need to do it legally.

when you explore, you drill. drill and drill. it should be vertical drill and not horizontal drill. if you get to a cave, you lower a camera. if you get a gold sample, then that's it. you widen the hole using percussion drill. slice and slice on the sidings of the pilot hole.

that's the lesson i learned from an american guy who missed and failed so many times using a scanner and detectors. when he was fed up, he bought a drill machine and a very cheap snake cam.

they hit a void at 49 feet. when they lowered a cheap snake cam, they found bars and drums. according to the post in fb treasure forum named "LOST gold series ww2" , they found the bars somewhere in luzon.

Attachments

• 102370817_1426903430830182_1419293390835917015_n.jpg
    102370817_1426903430830182_1419293390835917015_n.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 102935606_2643787139232663_2287995078797357536_n.jpg
    102935606_2643787139232663_2287995078797357536_n.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 99011393_3262407030470419_821587837399859200_n.jpg
    99011393_3262407030470419_821587837399859200_n.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 99427574_3262407123803743_3300251955418365952_n.jpg
    99427574_3262407123803743_3300251955418365952_n.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 100676177_3262407183803737_2487853999412215808_n.jpg
    100676177_3262407183803737_2487853999412215808_n.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 40

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am a driller by profession. and i find the method of this american guy the right method.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread