Fenn Photos of Treasure Posted - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Fenn Photos of Treasure Posted

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,
    2140 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Isn't funny poof and its over like that.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

us
    Jan 2013
    Maryland
    Bounty Hunter
    1767 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yeah, I guess his book sales had tailed off to near zero so he went out to his yard and brought the box back in the house. Did you notice the weed whacker marks around the perimeter of the box?

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5261 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The stick in the box is what makes me think it's a hoax. Why on earth wouldn't you take that stupid stick out of the box when you took the picture? Is it suppose to give the "find" credibility? "Look, there's even a stick in the box, it must have been found in the woods!" Sorry, not buying it.

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    1112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    The stick in the box is what makes me think it's a hoax....
    Maybe, juuuust maybe, the finder wanted to give the conspiracy theorists something to feed on?
    Skepticism can be a good thing but everything about the recovery and finders want for anonymity seem very realistic and plausible for so many reasons.

We'll probably only know for sure when the items are put up for auction or some reburied to "pay it forward" and keep people's "dreams and drive" engaged!!

BTW- If the finder is reading this thread they are ROFLTAO.

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1062 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PetesPockets55 View Post
    everything about the recovery and finders want for anonymity seem very realistic and plausible for so many reasons.
    "Everything" about the recovery seems realistic?

I disagree. It's ironic a previous poster sarcastically brought up profiling and going into LE, as i spent 11 years in LE. And just about everything about the find seems suspect to me. Most in LE will tell you, "there are no coincidences".

1. Fenn had been served a revised lawsuit shortly before the "discovery"

2. 2 men had died this spring searching for it, just shortly before the "discovery" (late march).

3. Law Enforcement called upon him to call off the search after the most recent deaths.

4. I can see reaching out, anonymously, to Fenn to let him know it's been found, but to go so far as to meet up on the other side of the country with Fenn and let him sort through the box? That's the anti thesis of someone wanting to remain anonymous. If the feds want to find you, you've left a paper and digital trail a mile long.

5. Look at the box critically. Look at the depth of the box in the "found" picture, it doesn't contain much based on it's depth. Also, look at the contents in his picture posted years ago (which, suspiciously was posted long after the treasure was "buried", with Fenn claiming he "forgot" had a photo of it on an old laptop) and compare it to what was "found" in the box. Look at the dirt on the rim of the open box when it was first "discovered", yet Fenn claims he didn't bury it, just hid it.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Jul 01, 2020 at 03:34 PM.

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    1112 times
    Thanks for some clear informative points. I guess my "everything" was a bit strong but was made in reference to points mentioned in this thread (that I could remember).

The fact that two have perished looking for it would have been a really good reason to bring it to a close, before more follow.
    If nothing ever gets sold or ends up on the secondary market, might be a clincher on this having ended as a lot of people suggest.

us
    May 2008
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PetesPockets55 View Post
    Thanks for some clear informative points. I guess my "everything" was a bit strong but was made in reference to points mentioned in this thread (that I could remember).

The fact that two have perished looking for it would have been a really good reason to bring it to a close, before more follow.
    If nothing ever gets sold or ends up on the secondary market, might be a clincher on this having ended as a lot of people suggest.
    Those were only the most recent two deaths. I think the final tally is six or seven deaths. Law enforcement was urging him to end it long before the last two died.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32659 times
    Gentlemen please end it now.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jan 2013
    Maryland
    Bounty Hunter
    1767 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Gentlemen please end it now.

What's wrong TH? I've read and contributed to the thread. I really don't see anything here that requires you to step in. Unless of course you've removed the offending posts, in which case I'll just go back to my corner and lurk.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubter in MD View Post

What's wrong TH? I've read and contributed to the thread. I really don't see anything here that requires you to step in. Unless of course you've removed the offending posts, in which case I'll just go back to my corner and lurk.

Doubter, posts were deleted.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 02, 2020 at 11:36 AM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links