Fenn Photos of Treasure Posted - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Fenn Photos of Treasure Posted

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4339 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Frankly, I never did care about the whole thing, would never look for it even if I thought it was than a mile from my house, and am not believing or caring much about the whole thing. Call me negative. You know the whole thing is taxable to the IRS this year, right?
    Right I am my friend. As a accountant, I info all of you to pay federal and state income taxes on all legal and illegal incomes or off to jail you should go. I am proud of you.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddsPoint View Post
    I'll bet the IRS is following this closely. No way will they let some unknown from "out east" walk away with $1M in gold without paying the 38% tax. Gary
    IRS demanded state and federal income taxes pay on all legal and illegal income or off to jail you should go.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Customx_12 View Post
    I think most treasure hunters would ethically want to do the right thing and report big finds but the ridiculous taxes are what makes people second guess or choose not to report. I hate taxes.
    But IRS and congress just love them to death.
    Customx_12 likes this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5302 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yup, they want to tax you on found treasure, even if you don't sell it. But companies like eBay stash billions in off shore accounts and are never taxed or tossed in jail.

Sorry, but if I find treasure, the IRS will never know about it. Go after the billion dollar companies skirting tax laws and we'll have plenty of money to pay all the government's bills. Stop ripping off the little fish and go after the whales, IRS.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    386 times
    Personally, I think too much is being made of the stick. If he was in the woods, digging, it stands to reason. Assuming it's real, can you imagine the adrenaline running through your body? You're not even thinking about a stick in the picture....probably don't even notice it. I believe just about every person here would keep it a secret. Unless you seek fame, I can't really think of why you would make it public. As for me, I guess I just slightly lean towards it being real. I sure don't believe Fenn buried it at his own house to weather it. Truth is, we'll probably never know. Best chance is probably upon the passing of Fenn or the finder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links