Coffee confession thread - what coffee, how much?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I loved strong black freshly ground coffee, I'd buy the beans and grind them myself - and I made it strong.

Of course my high blood pressure freaked out my doctors.

I stopped drinking coffee some years ago now and yes I miss it :(

I still have that high blood pressure.....

So, what did I gain? I know what I lost = that great tasting strong black coffee.

One of my doctors several years ago said "You gunna dwop dead" - but I dwopped him instead. Incidentally, he dwopped dead himself and I'm still here haunting this forum :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved strong black freshly ground coffee, I'd buy the beans and grind them myself - and I made it strong.

Of course my high blood pressure freaked out my doctors.

I stopped drinking coffee some years ago now and yes I miss it :(

I still have that high blood pressure.....

So, what did I gain? I know what I lost = that great tasting strong black coffee.

One of my doctors several years ago said "You gunna dwop dead" - but I dwopped him instead. Incidentally, he dwopped dead himself and I'm still here haunting this forum :)

Even after my Heart Surgery My doctor said my Deathwish Coffee will never hurt me.
Only one who did say no coffee was a girl who Tended to me shortly after I come out of my surgery sleep.
she tried to tell me no coffee again ever :tongue3:

it's alot like everything else in the world.
Once your Born, Everything someone else is against is gonna Kill You !!!!!
or Not :coffee2:

In early May, Fredie Blom's celebrated his 114th birthday, a feat that may make him the world's oldest living man — although official verification is still needed. In a recent interview with the BBC, Blom shared no particular secrets to his longevity and instead confessed to still be a lifetime daily smoker.

yet when he dies, Smoking will be put on the list as the cause.
and added to the list of Tobacco Related Deaths

Last edited:

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I have had our Keurig for many years. We use the SF Roasting Co. coffee at about .30 per cup from Costco. I drink 2-3 cups a day, and not after 4 pm or else I wouldn't sleep!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go Bart! American coffee...:laughing7:

Haaa ha.....that's how my wife likes it. I once made her coffee and she got sick and couldn't drink coffee for a month. She drinks a weak breakfast blend....I like mine as strong as kryptonite !!

Dzrt1st

Jan 4, 2019
Western Washington
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Whites 4900 D/L Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried coffee twice in my mid-teens (I’m 63), once black the other time with cream and sugar. I couldn’t stand either one, haven’t tried it since. I do love the smell of fresh brewed coffee though as my wife uses a Keurig daily.
My "coffee" of choice since the mid 80’s is Diet Coke, sometimes with breakfast, always with lunch and dinner, if available

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My "coffee" of choice since the mid 80’s is Diet Coke, sometimes with breakfast, always with lunch and dinner, if available

Oh, you miss so much...……..

Never did the diet drinks - whole lot of flavor missing from them. Just maybe I'll see 90+ myself.....

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My coffee maker grinds the beans right before it brews the coffee. I use it as my alarm clock as it is loud when it grinds. Kauai Coffee in dark roast is great. I also like Seattle's Best Portside blend. Black & Strong!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great coffee experience is the Chickory blend coffee at the Cafe Dumonde in New Orleans. The best mornings of vacation start with one of their coffees in one hand and a beignet in the other.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard it was bad for kidney but Dr said it was increased blood pressure that hurt kidneys.

Chub

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just checked this thread and it makes me want to have a coffee !! Time for a wake me up in the afternoon cup.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Costco Pacific blend, straight outta the Keurig! I dink a cup in the AM, then it's tea for me the rest of the day. Herbal teas, either orange spice, or green tea/coconut. Once in a while it Turmeric tea, but that always tastes like a hot cup of mud!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't stand coffee until I went into the Army. One morning about 3 am the sergeant of the guard came around to my post where I was guarding an ammo dump and asked if I'd like something to drink...I said yes! A few minutes later he was back with nothing but coffee. It's been my friend ever since. Any kind will do, but I have it light and sweet. Every morning my 32 oz insulated cup gets filled. If I don't make it outside pretty quick to start my day, I might fill it again..

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Blak bart, I use a Keurig machine too. I try a lot of different flavors, with some sweetener and flavored cream, usually one a day. I prefer to drink coffee flavored cream (or a good non-light beer)! :coffee2:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Blak bart, I use a Keurig machine too. I try a lot of different flavors, with some sweetener and flavored cream, usually one a day. I prefer to drink coffee flavored cream (or a good non-light beer)! :coffee2:

:hello2::hello2::coffee2:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In trying to reduce the intensity and number of vertigo attacks
caused by the Meniere's disease I have to live with, about 15 years
back I discovered that both caffeinated coffee and alcohol were major
triggers for vertigo attacks.

So, with little choice left, the wife started blending decaf and leaded
coffee, and after a couple weeks she had me completely switched over to decaf.

Still drink it from the time I wake up til bedtime... need_coffee.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread