Coffee confession thread - what coffee, how much?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never did like warm coffee. I like the cold coffee, so a few times a year I will treat myself to a Dunkin Donuts ice coffee, or one of those cold Starbucks in a bottle coffee's that you can get from the display cases in grocery stores, Menards etc. I guess my average would be 3 to 4 cold coffee's a year !

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey duckshot how are you !! Ya...those cuban cafe's know there business, and they really take pride in each serving. It can be intimidating at the window ordering......but I understand there spanish better than I understand the college drop out working the window at Starbucks !! LOL !!

All well here Blackbart.

Hey Bart- two years ago I was in the keys at these condos, and there was a fabulous Cuban restaurant, just east of bridge seven, might of been bridge five, south side of key right next to a marina and bait shop with gas pumps. I can't recall the name, don't know if it is still in business, but the pork diner or cuban sandwich are awesome and the coffe was great.

Sam moser

Jan 13, 2022
I didn't drink coffee until I was 19. Couldn't stand it. I started drinking it because it was warm. I took Army basic training in Missouri from Oct. 1966 through Jan. 1967 . It was cold . We would be out all day they would bring coffee out in the afternoon. I stared drinking it just because it was warm. Now I drink a couple cups ever day.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never really did hot drinks ( not regularly) until I was about 40...then *rediscovered coffee. Started with instant ...Nescafe... Have an ancient dutch doug egbert grinder on the wall...so it progressed to beans ground fresh then brewed with a little expresso maker....guy down the road moved in and set up his coffee business from home during lockdown. I'm getting quality ground coffee now at a good price.
I kind of have a love /hate relationship with it though. Instant always made me jittery in excess. Before long detecting hikes I have 2 or 3.
Most days 3 or 4.
I watched a youtube vid on 'cowboy coffee' a while ago- looked interesting.
I worked with a woman that drank 16 coffees a day ! ( and smoked so teeth were crazy stained)

What coffee is everyone else drinking? How much?

Chub
Maxwell House,a couple carafes a day.Black as the devils heart,hotter than the gates of hell.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 liter of coffee every morning through a Stanley press , I use a electric kettle to get water up to temp 180.... Folgers
I switched it up to Black Rifle Coffee Company about a year ago, 2 bags every 21 days. I have also switched to pour over..

Sarahlowe

Greenie
Mar 30, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love coffee. I can’t get enough of it. Whether it's hot or iced, dark roast or light roast, flavored creamer or black - I'll have just about any way here you can brew that caffeinated nectar of the Gods.

Last edited:

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to admit it but my all time favorite is Jamaican Me Crazy by McCullough. They have it at the local gas station. Other than that Lavaza

petejc

Jun 30, 2021
Harrisburg, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Eqinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunkin Donut coffee...I have only one cup every morning and that is all...Buy buy the pound and it lasts me months...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much whatever the local Stop n Rob has on tap. When camping, I use Folger's. I have never stood in line for coffee. A camping tip, never ever use a sock for a coffee filter, even if it is clean.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 O'Clock whole bean Central Highlands, ground and cooked in a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker. Two cups each morning.

manorman

Dec 8, 2008
I never really did hot drinks ( not regularly) until I was about 40...then *rediscovered coffee. Started with instant ...Nescafe... Have an ancient dutch doug egbert grinder on the wall...so it progressed to beans ground fresh then brewed with a little expresso maker....guy down the road moved in and set up his coffee business from home during lockdown. I'm getting quality ground coffee now at a good price.
I kind of have a love /hate relationship with it though. Instant always made me jittery in excess. Before long detecting hikes I have 2 or 3.
Most days 3 or 4.
I worked with a woman that drank 16 coffees a day ! ( and smoked so teeth were crazy stained)

Chub
Sumatra Mandheling is my favorite, but most times mix maxwell house with French Market.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most days 3 or 4.

Chub
Thats how my grandmother would make it, said that is the only way coffee should be drank,(cowboy coffee), she was from Maine, never been w est of the Mississippi. I prefer to remove the grounds, drink 2-3 cups a day, mornings only

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread