Important Announcement from White's Electronics

snakejim

Dec 18, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer, White's GM3, GMT, GM24K, White's Pulse scan TDI, Sierra Pulse Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got this email!
American-Made White's Metal Detectors
3519a9b8-4f70-4907-a059-2dc5bbc9f99a.png
notepad_left_vert_40x400.png

[h=2]Important Information from White's Electronics[/h]
June 18, 2020

To our valued White's Dealers-

This is a very difficult message to write, but the time has come for retirement from White's Electronics.

We are suspending manufacturing operations at our Sweet Home facility while we re-evaluate the future of the company. It is never easy to make these decisions, however, we are faced with the reality of intense competition in the industry and ongoing counterfeit instruments coming from China. Lastly, there have been critical material shortages since the Covid 19 shutdown that we now find insurmountable.

All of us here in Sweet Home are grateful for your service. We consider each you part of the White's extended family.

Sincerely,

Ken White
leafshadowhorz.png

American Made Metal Detectors since 1950

[email protected] • 1-888-666-6121

Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list
open.php

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy. People, please don’t buy anything made in China! It’s less expensive but it’s also poor quality and drowning US businesses!

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's too bad. White's made great products. As a matter of fact, I still use my White's Eagle Spectrum that I purchased new for $650 back in 1993. One of thee best detectors White's ever made.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad...great company. My first detector crush was a White's Coinmaster IV in the 1970's...

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shot to the gut! White's has always been one of my favorite detectors. I still have a couple of them… analogs from '76 and around there. Still work great!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong, China's impact on US businesses is crushing, but in the case of White's, I tend to think they couldn't keep up technology wise. Even looking at my Whites I bought new around 2010, it's circuit boards were 30 year old integrations of single layer boards with thru hole components, not modern multi layer boards with Smd components and pc based programming and connectivity.

Last edited:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've still got my old White's 6000D. Maybe it will be a collectors item now that White's is going under. Gary

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats not good hope it doesnt become a trend in the Industry

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a White's Blue and Gray, I found a lot of relics with it back in the day and sold it for a good deal of money to a guy who just had to have one.
I've had two other brands that are also no longer with us, but I still have the memories of the good old days.

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have a White's Spectrum, as a back-up or as a "guest" loaner. Works great. Hell on batteries, but otherwise works great.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad times! As stated before, we as customers actually steer how things go in the market place. Too many people are buying outside of our own country and wonder why the home town boys close down. There are lots of other reasons too, but maybe one day people will get the idea to take their business to people here.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s so sad :sadsmiley: I hope they will come back to product soon. I stand by you White’s Electronics.

DetectorMoe

Apr 4, 2013
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never own a Whites, But I never like seeing a company close their doors..
Whites been around, what since the 70s??

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never own a Whites, But I never like seeing a company close their doors..
Whites been around, what since the 70s??

American Made Metal Detectors since 1950 shown by the O.P just think of all the relics in the ground in 1950 .

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the xlt that i still use i alsi have a tdi sl, and a v3i. I like my whites metal detectors. I salute WHITE METAL DETECTORS.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong, China's impact on US businesses is crushing, but in the case of White's, I tend to think they couldn't keep up technology wise. Even looking at my Whites I bought new around 2010, it's circuit boards were 30 year old integrations of single layer boards with thru hole components, not modern multi layer boards with Smd components and pc based programming and connectivity.

The developement of technology doesn't always and necessary benefit the customer. The SMD tech enables high level of miniaturization and integration, necessary for items like mobile phones and tablet computers. Abowe all, it enables high level of production automatization to manufacture large series in short time and keeps production expences low. On the other hand, THT is ofently seen as more suitable for heavy duty use, such as terrain applications.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankly, their marketing sucks. This really doesn't come as a shock. When was the last time you saw an ad for White's machines?

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankly, their marketing sucks. This really doesn't come as a shock. When was the last time you saw an ad for White's machines?

I've been in the hobby for over 30 years and have never seen an ad for any brand metal detector . But then again I never looked for one.
I always went to a relic shop or civil war show and bought me a machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread