You all just about lost me as a T-Net member today

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I almost got killed today! As a result of all the rain we have had, a tree fell down across our road today, and I cut it up to get it out of the way. As I was moving the brush and logs, the top of another tree fell and hit me in the head and on my back. Nothing like being totally sucker punched by Mother Nature. Fortunately, I was still wearing my hearing protectors because the butt end is what hit my head. The head band either absorbed some impact or diverted it a bit, but I still have a big sore spot on my head and bruising and scrapes down my back, and a mighty stiff neck where my c2-c3 were fused years ago, and hoping I didn’t re-injure those somehow.

it had killed me I would have at least been in the ditch by the road. If anybody would have seen me, they probably would have just said, “Look .. somebody threw away a perfectly good white man”

Tomorrow will be a lot of fun I'm sure!:occasion16:

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you are alive, I hope you are not too sore tomorrow!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Widow maker=0 creskol-1 Glad you're still here! I'm gonna say something you probably just learned if you didn't know it before...when you have trees down in the area, look up before making a move.. Every wind storm down here leaves some dangerous situations. I need to take the loader down the driveway tomorrow as we had some strong winds with a storm last night and we have two widow makers waiting for the next victim out here! Both of them are in easy range of the driveway for any walking or driving traffic.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Widow maker=0 creskol-1 Glad you're still here! I'm gonna say something you probably just learned if you didn't know it before...when you have trees down in the area, look up before making a move.. Every wind storm down here leaves some dangerous situations. I need to take the loader down the driveway tomorrow as we had some strong winds with a storm last night and we have two widow makers waiting for the next victim out here! Both of them are in easy range of the driveway for any walking or driving traffic.

Thanks Smallfoot .. I actually did look at the trees first, and concluded the zone was safe. Obviously, I missed something being concealed by the leaves and branches. I am just glad it waited until I was done using the chainsaw.. That could have been ugly! Be safe out there tomorrow!

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear you are alright despite some scrapes and bruises! That must have been scary getting hit by a tree like that.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time, try not to get hit by the tree.

Also, you should go see a doctor ASAP. Potential head injuries are no joke.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad that you are still with us. I pray that you won't be hurting too much. Take Care! :icon_thumleft:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just read how many people have been killed by falling trees in the past few months. It happens all over the country. Wood is HEAVY! Glad you made it. Gary

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn boy... sheesh.

Once while detecting I came across a patch of 1800's headstones...

One of which I crap you not said...

"here lies fred... tree fell on his head".

Trees freak me out when I see branches that are dead and looking for an excuse to fall.... like if a bird or a squirrel were on it would go.

Wont go near em without a game plan.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
:hello: Thank you everybody .. I appreciate you all! :hello:

I made it through the night, but they want me to have my neck looked at, so I am going in at 9 for an x-ray.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to hear you're still alive to tell about your brush with death. pardon the pun.
please get yourself a forestry helmet , it will help protect your hearing, eyes , brain and face from the dangers of chainsaw use.
Z

I even use mine when weed eating
images

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just in case something like this happens again.
Why not prepay you’re charter membership for the next five years?

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Bruising, swelling, and "moderate whiplash" but nothing broken. :icon_thumleft:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm truly glad to hear you'll be ok . ice is your friend in times like these.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good news considering the event!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SURE AM GLAD YOUR STILL HERE WITH US. i HAVE A RULE I GO BY. i NEVER CUT WOOD BY MYSELF. !! STAY SAFE !!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread