Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty...dang man...your 100% right !! Best advice I have for the die hard beach hunters and comers is check everything suspect !! If its nasty and and smells like shart....keep it. If it sticks to your flesh like grease, lard, or wax, keep it !!!!! If you need to know for sure....send a sample to the buyers...most will check it for you and make an offer. If your in the states there are loop holes in the law to get it sold !! Rusty..keep your eye open in the "wrack"....the seaweed line !! Thats where you'll find it !!!! Or high up in the bush where the highest tides from hurricanes have pushed it. There is a secret society of finders and brokers and buyers. Right now its too blazing hot in the bush where I hunt....but fall is right around the corner....woooo hoooo!! The real shame is that there is no beach combing forum on treasurenet !! A whole nother world of treasure finding....with many great hunters involved !!

Long live the mangrove mafia !!!!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
According to The Hispaniola Treasure, by Cyrus H. Karraker (Philadelphia: 1934), ambergris was an important product that kept the Bahamas colony alive in its infancy (along with shipwreck salvage, of course).

You'll find it mentioned in Moby Dick.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-20210825-WA0000.jpg

Hell ya baby....my sons godfather just got this piece on san Salvador bahamas....im waiting on a weight !! One of the rarest treasures on earth. Not a big piece but its a pay day for sure !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1944228

Hell ya baby....my sons godfather just got this piece on san Salvador bahamas....im waiting on a weight !! One of the rarest treasures on earth. Not a big piece but its a pay day for sure !!

@/%**^$@@/<" nope....wasn't it no payday for my friends !! Dang it !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread