ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Bart does if not mistaken... I have seen him mention it I am sure.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang::headbang::occasion14: the bahamas is best....
Its 100% legal and your odds of finding it are quite a bit better than over here.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://m.facebook.com/AmbergrisBAH/ here ya go....there are others who buy around the world also....France buys alot....and hunting in New Zealand is a big thing. The remote islands are best.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some experts say vomit...others say it comes out the other end. It's an intestinal blockage...brought on by a build up around the indigestible squid beaks and other chitin that the sperm whale eats...only sperm whale produce it. Sometimes they pass or vomit this blockage....and some times the whale dies from it. Either way it ends up floating on the sea where it eventually makes it's way to the shore. It oxidizes in the sun and sea and ages like a fine wine or a good cheese.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call today for Father's Day from my kids godfather on san sal island.....one of the ambergris boys got 2 pieces here in french bay for a total of 12 pounds !! A great pay day !! My friend E.B. has been looking everyday lately no ambergris but he got 14 antique glass fishing floats in one day at about the same time as the ambergris find. Both finds on the south of the island at french bay beach. You just never know where !! It's on the beaches that no one walks. Although I have found it on the pink sand beach in elutherea too. Many people had walked by and not known what it was...many native islanders also did not know either. Heres french bay Screenshot_20200621-161454_Maps.jpg
Heres the floats my sons godfather found. IMG-20200531-WA0001.jpg
I'll be back over very soon probably within 10 days from now.....I will be there to pick up a boat from elutherea but will do a quick hunt at some good beaches too !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200621-181423_Chrome.jpg well then chris.....bet the admiral would not want to touch anything like this either !! Most will walk right bye !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200621-181531_Chrome.jpg
The out islands....extreme destination beach combing is what I'm talking about.....the only real way to do it is to anchor by boat and explore the remote out islands. If well planned and provisioned a successful expedition can be made and a sale at nassau island when done !!

Illster

Jun 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha! my uncle is actually in the bahamas right now looking for this stuff! i'll post pics here soon!:icon_thumright:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's used in really expensive perfumes.

Yes...its a fixative...that means when used in a perfume it makes the smell stay on your body and lingere. If you pick it up and dont handle it gently it will get all over you...its like grease In away. I've gotten it on me and been banned from the house for 2 and 3 days at a time by my wife.....its a really bad smell....a gagging type sickeningly sweet smell !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha! my uncle is actually in the bahamas right now looking for this stuff! i'll post pics here soon!:icon_thumright:
Tell your uncle san sal, rum cay, conception, samana.....theres retirement type chunks out there on samana !! Gonna have to have a good boat and lots of provisions for that deserted island !! Dont forget the detector too....lots of plantation ruins on those out islands also !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200625-181558_Maps.jpg alright !! I'll be going to elutherea tomorrow to pick up a boat....probably have a couple days to hunt gris and metaldetect...wooo hooo !! Gonna try and hit this remote rocky beach....an islander got a small 12000$ piece 2 years ago here...sometimes the gris is buried in the sand and it takes a good storm to free it up !!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1844169 alright !! I'll be going to elutherea tomorrow to pick up a boat....probably have a couple days to hunt gris and metaldetect...wooo hooo !! Gonna try and hit this remote rocky beach....an islander got a small 12000$ piece 2 years ago here...sometimes the gris is buried in the sand and it takes a good storm to free it up !!

You do live a life of adventure,that is how I look at life and I marvel over The CREATORS CREATIONS..Have a Safe Blessed trip Bart.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you brother !! I just want to beach comb the rest of my life !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions