Anybody take sleep aids? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Anybody take sleep aids?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    XP Deus, White's DFX
    7488 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I really appreciate all the replies. I will be 70 in October and until About 5 months ago I never took any prescription medications on a regular basis. I tried talking with my preacher and I prayed for an end to my feelings about my brother's death to no avail. I quit watching the news because of all the gloom and doom and I keep as busy as I can during the day. I can come in and take a shower, then sit down and fall asleep for a couple hours but that ruins my sleeping at night. So, I try not to nap during the day. I will say that since I started the antidepressant I feel a lot better about life in general. I think that if I weren't on it I would have had a stroke when our federal tax return was hacked and the thieves then got our stimulus check. But, I took it in stride and it really hasn't bothered me. Contrast that to the fact that when gas prices skyrocketed about ten years ago I just knew I would die if it hit $4.00 a gallon!
    I am taking Ambien but not every night. If I am not asleep by midnight I take one and lay down. In 15-20 minutes I am gone and I wake up 7-8 hours later not feeling groggy or anything. So far I have taken 3 Ambien in about two weeks. I worked in yards all day today so I think I will sleep OK tonight.
    Sorry for the long rant. I'll shut up and go to bed now.
    Milspec6 likes this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

Charter Member
    us
    Reg

May 2020
    San Jose, CA
    Tarsacci MDT 8000, Nokta Makro Simplex, Minelab E-Trac
    312 times
    Metal Detecting
    May you find peace...sleep well brother...
    "The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." Oscar Wilde

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    25385 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    My doctor put me on some meds for depression and high blood pressure. The depression med was prescribed because I had a very hard time getting over my brothers death 8 months ago. Anyway that med caused insomnia and I only sleep about two-three hours a night. So on my last visit he prescribed a sleeping pill for me. I take it about a half hour before I go to bed and it knocks me out. The one problem I noted is if I don't get into bed before it starts taking affect I have trouble even walking, And, it is hitting mr as I sit here tryiing to type this post. I thiink iitis timr for mr to go brddy by. nitenite yyallll.
    I saw for from depression anxiety and insomnia what pills that youíre taking that knocks you out thatís what Iím looking for. Lol

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    20597 times
    My 86 year old uncle asked me after pot became legal in Colorado if I wouldn't mind bringing back some to Iowa because he said it helped him relax and sleep better. I couldn't believe it, my uncle gets high and he ask i don't say anything about it to his kids my cousin and one of them is older than me.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13533 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have a couple beers starting at 9:00PM and sleep well. ;-)

Less potential side effects than arthritis strength Ibuprofen or Tylenol.
    tamrock likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3250 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I sometimes use a little “herbal essence” of buttah.
    chub likes this.

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
    48 times
    4:20 works for me..the older you get the more you have to hash out in your mind before you drift off. got a lotta stuff rambling around up there, like 50 marbles in a gas dryer. of course a good woman makes for a great nights sleep, even at my age............................................... ............................................lucky me, no pills,,,just bad heart

Nope, don't like them ( I did take them for a very short time in my life 20 years ago ). Sorry to hear about your brother.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    3099 times
    Try a magnesium citrate supplement, at least 200 mg a day. It helps you get to sleep and stay asleep. I started taking it originally to see if it would help my blood sugar. Did nothing for that but I noticed within a week of starting it that I was sleeping so much better. Also if you are a coffee or any caffeinated beverage drinker, cut those out early in the day.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ

Thomas Jefferson

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    19431 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I've been an insomniac for most all of my adult years. Got so bad that here a couple weeks ago, I couldn't sleep at all for 3 days. Yes, I have high blood pressure - one of my doctors told me "You gonna dwop dead". He offered no help so I dwopped him instead. I do prefer home grown doctors, but you get others along the way. BTW, that doctor dwopped dead himself.

Doctors tell me that some people just don't need as much sleep as others. I guess....

I do find that a couple of beers before sleep helps a lot, but then you wake up early gotta pee

Whatever.... I just deal with it.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Mar 2013
    California
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
    3672 times
    Metal Detecting
    Trying to help here....
    I use a 3mg Melatonin tablet,
    and a cool room - set your air conditioner on low,
    darkened room, quiet time before hopping into bed.
    The supplement will take effect in hr or less - you aren't
    terribly rushed to get to bed.
    My wife tho, she just reads before going to bed, gets sleepy that way - a good idea too.
    Stick With It - It's not *IF* you'll find the good stuff , but WHEN!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links