Anyone Have a Tarsacci MDT 8000?

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had mine for a couple of months now and love it. It's not cheap and doesn't have a plug 'n play feature like a lot of others (park, beach and field modes), but it's plenty deep and it's strength is wet sand beaches and highly mineralized ground sites. You've just got to take the time to learn to use the settings in the right combinations for your neck of the woods. Happy hunting!

OP
OP
Thebigd81

Thebigd81

Oct 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had mine for a couple of months now and love it. It's not cheap and doesn't have a plug 'n play feature like a lot of others (park, beach and field modes), but it's plenty deep and it's strength is wet sand beaches and highly mineralized ground sites. You've just got to take the time to learn to use the settings in the right combinations for your neck of the woods. Happy hunting!
Thanks for the reply... The depth and seeing through mineralization is what makes me want to jump but I do no beach hunting and have a CTX so don't know if it really worth adding to the arsenal

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know why you would struggle with depth and mineralization with the CTX 3030. I'm not brand loyal, nor do I care what other people buy. I just want people to be successful with whatever machine they use! Good luck!

OP
OP
Thebigd81

Thebigd81

Oct 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh depth isn't a big problem with the CTX but it doesn't like high mineralization ground at least in the couple spots that I've tried one being an old train depot... Just looks like the Tarsacci might be able to squeeze out a little more depth

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have detected with the machine on a lot of mineralized ground. With the salt, black sand and sensitivity features, I can handle almost any type of dirt.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you "scrub" the wet salt sand without any falsing?

You can’t totally eliminate falsing, regardless of the machine, but with that said, once you get the machine dialed in, it won’t false much and not much EMI if at all...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions