Someone top filed my life claim

OlBlueMule

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! I filed a lode claim in Alpine County California last November. Another man whom owns a claim in the same area sent me a facebook message threatening me to never file a claim next to him. Well I did with above said claim. A day after I filed with the BLM he filed with the county and BLM and back dated his location two months before mine. As I completed all three needed steps to perfect my claim before he did (both my county stamp date and BLM stamp dates are before his) it is my understanding that my claim is the the senior claim. Is this correct? I sent him a letter asking him to remove all his post and refrain from digging on my claim as I filed my claim with county and BLM before him, and he responded with a letter supposedly written by a mining consultant stating I actually top filed him since his location was before mine. Can some one please give me some advice or proof I can show this man to assure him my claim is valid and not his. I would rather avoid court if I can. I would just like some black and white law to show him. Thank you

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions