20200703_123234.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 68

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am definitely not an expert so take this with a whole bunch of grains of salt but I was always told Native American snake carvings were basically used to warn people where snakes were present. Again, I could be wrong.

polices

Jul 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am definitely not an expert so take this with a whole bunch of grains of salt but I was always told Native American snake carvings were basically used to warn people where snakes were present. Again, I could be wrong.
You're right

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like mineral deposits ON TOP of the flat rock. Carvings are made into it, not raised. What do you have? Pictures are hard to tell for me.

OP
OP
C
Jul 3, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks for the replies all. I am happy to receive some replies from old members and experts. This carving is not in the States. I am sorry if I suppose to only submit the photos for the findings with in the US. I am new to this forum. This is from my family summer home in the Mediterranean coast of Turkey. This is probably not from early Romans but there is a big ancient city from 4.th generation Romans close by. These carvings are likely to be around 1200s. My family owned the place for 60 years. My grandmother discovered this when she was younger but she never shared the info with us before. They looked around a little with hand but did not see anything and covered it and never mentioned to anyone. My father discovered this just 2 days ago in the same day they suppose to leave the holiday home as the air traffic was back to action. They took some photos. We know that it is very common for people to find treasures in this land. My extended family discovered many treasures in my grandfathers' lands and even an ancient city last year. This is our first luck in my family happened to show itself unexpectedly. I shared this info here because I am not sure if I should trust anyone there. I was hoping someone to have some knowledge or interest regarding ancient treasure hunt before applying any kind of legal permissions. I am not sure if I should have all the adventure to go to Turkey and hunt for this so I wanted to ask what you think. This a rocky area in the forest near the sea and river. The river is 50 yards away so I think it is too far for this sign to relate that area. Also my father heard there were many searches and findings around river so there is no point to search that area again as someone with no previous experience. My grandmother's home is in 2 ft towards the head of the big snake and the opposite side of the sign is huge rocky area. All surrounding area belongs to my father now so taking permissions may be easier than searching other areas, I guess...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread