Harmonicas in the Civil War ? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Harmonicas in the Civil War ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6736 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by creskol View Post
    Diggin' in Virginia has sponsored more than 50 hunts at well documented Civil War sites, and no one has turned up any harmonica reeds at these sites.. tons of other relics, but no harmonica reeds. After the Battle of Gettysburg, an inventory was taken of the fallen soldier's possessions, including those at the nearby camps, and not one harmonica is listed in their official document. That's not to say that harmonicas didn't exist, but they were sparse and looked nothing like the instruments we know as harmonicas.
    More great info , & yea the one I dug is a few inches long by around 1 inch.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by metrotec View Post
    Found pieces in a picket camp in E TN, back in 1970-74. They must have dug the trench naked, found nothing. Off the side, and down into the valley, away from a RR they were guarding was a bonanza!
    Yes Sir.

Things don't always turn out as we think they should .
    GD
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by creskol View Post
    Diggin' in Virginia has sponsored more than 50 hunts at well documented Civil War sites, and no one has turned up any harmonica reeds at these sites.. tons of other relics, but no harmonica reeds. After the Battle of Gettysburg, an inventory was taken of the fallen soldier's possessions, including those at the nearby camps, and not one harmonica is listed in their official document. That's not to say that harmonicas didn't exist, but they were sparse and looked nothing like the instruments we know as harmonicas.
    Just looking closer at the image you posted & Richter is written the exact same way on the example I dug.
    Hmmmmm ? I wonder how long the used that pattern of writing , as this would have been a late war site .

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6736 times
    Also thinking a Harmonica would have been a great way to pass the time in camp along with other activities , Could 'Y'all ' picture soldier's in the Civil War sitting around on their I -phones all day while in camp ? That would be bad for comrade-day.

Davers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links