Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Pre-64 was silver. 64 and after is CLAD.... no longer all silver. Worthless. ╦╦
I will gladly pay you double face value for every 1964 dime, quarter and half dollar you can get your hands on. 100% profit for you!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My honest opinion... coin shortage is a big bunch a blah.. just a ploy to promote the digital dollar so they can track our every single move.. more an more an more taxes...:dontknow:
Promote? Most of the country has been using digital money for years and every purchase can already be tracked. :tongue3:

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some digital yes I agree fist full... but never 100% digital dollar.. where physical paper an change doesn’t exist...

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not in any short time no but in 5-10 years yes... makes me sick but I believe higher powers are pushing for it.. especially China with their digital yuan... jus be glad your not a drug dealer :tongue3:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not in any short time no but in 5-10 years yes... makes me sick but I believe higher powers are pushing for it.. especially China with their digital yuan... jus be glad your not a drug dealer :tongue3:
Sorry but physical paper cash and coin may be outlawed at some point in time, but there’s no way they will ever cease to exist. Think about it.

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes they will always exist .. you are right.. just may not be legal is all I’m saying

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will gladly pay you double face value for every 1964 dime, quarter and half dollar you can get your hands on. 100% profit for you!
Double face value? You're nuts! Each is worth $3 today (a 1964 Rosie). 20 cents? You're out of your mind or think it's a joke. I'll take three dollars for one, thank you. ╦╦C

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My good people, there is a coin shortage, because most of the mints employees are lay off at home.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Double face value? You're nuts! Each is worth $3 today (a 1964 Rosie). 20 cents? You're out of your mind or think it's a joke. I'll take three dollars for one, thank you. ╦╦C
Wow, I really don’t know what to say here. Terry are you ok?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I really don’t know what to say here. Terry are you ok?
Lowest coin value for ANY Rosie dime is $2.99. I'll take double that any day. Check it out at APMEX. And gold went past $2000 today at $2008. WOOHOO!!! ╦╦C

SeaHunter2312

Jul 29, 2020
Denver
Detector(s) used
Minelab GoFind 40
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "money" in circulation today is fiat money, in other words, has no backing from gold or silver. The market drives the value of the US Dollar and since the Federal Reserve Bank, a conglomeration of private banks, likes to have an average of 2% rate of inflation (of which they make money from that inflation), they print or create money occasionally to manipulate markets. A vicious circle.

The problem with owning gold is, where ya gonna spend it and, considering the situation, why would you spend it? Most of us get screwed because we aren't wholesalers that can pass on a deal. So people like me buy gold at market value, but often sell at wholesale value. Gold is quickly becoming a collector's piece that has great market value, but in reality we can't realize that value when we buy goods because it's not a debit or credit card.

So the coin shortage is a function of inflation.

Apologies for the rambling answer, this subject is a sore one for me.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The "money" in circulation today is fiat money, in other words, has no backing from gold or silver. The market drives the value of the US Dollar and since the Federal Reserve Bank, a conglomeration of private banks, likes to have an average of 2% rate of inflation (of which they make money from that inflation), they print or create money occasionally to manipulate markets. A vicious circle.

The problem with owning gold is, where ya gonna spend it and, considering the situation, why would you spend it? Most of us get screwed because we aren't wholesalers that can pass on a deal. So people like me buy gold at market value, but often sell at wholesale value. Gold is quickly becoming a collector's piece that has great market value, but in reality we can't realize that value when we buy goods because it's not a debit or credit card.

So the coin shortage is a function of inflation.

Apologies for the rambling answer, this subject is a sore one for me.
Most buy or save gold as another form of insurance, as a vehicle to carry wealth through turbulent economic periods. It’s been that way for a long, long time, even central banks are supposedly stockpiling it. Some individuals like myself spend thousands of dollars on home, health and auto insurance with zero payback over a long time period. Gold as a form of wealth insurance has worked for thousands of years.

BTW, I’m up over 40% on my buys from two years ago.
My 401K is still down.

My sixteen y.o. daughter just swapped me out $25 in coin for paper bills. Now where’d I leave those quarter rolls? ???

Last edited:

SeaHunter2312

Jul 29, 2020
Denver
Detector(s) used
Minelab GoFind 40
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most buy or save gold as another form of insurance, as a vehicle to carry wealth through turbulent economic periods. It’s been that way for a long, long time, even central banks are supposedly stockpiling it. Some individuals like myself spend thousands of dollars on home, health and auto insurance with zero payback over a long time period. Gold as a form of wealth insurance has worked for thousands of years.

BTW, I’m up over 40% on my buys from two years ago.
My 401K is still down.

My sixteen y.o. daughter just swapped me out $25 in coin for paper bills. Now where’d I leave those quarter rolls? ???

Agree 100%.

Very smart to diversify wealth in different markets, gold being one of them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread