Buttons needed for a new book by William Leigh!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
***There is a time constraint ! Get your photos in ASAP The Book is going to print soon****

Got this message from William Leigh. Do you have any unlisted or any odd US military or diplomatic buttons that seem to date between the Rev. War and 1830-ish? Bruce Bazelon and I are in the last push to finish a book on the subject and I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had anything for inclusion? So If anyone has marked regiment buttons from the War of 1812 or unlisted and undocumented 1-piece buttons that post date the American Revolutionary War. You may have your photo's in a new book.
Please send your pics and inquiries to: phone: H: (703)777-8549 C: (540)338-7367 or email:
[email protected]

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-looking for some War of 1812 examples (and earlier US military buttons) from real tightly dated sites, also. If you have them and know the certain context of the site, please get in touch also. Thank you, William

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi William, are you Lewis's son? Just wondering since I bought my first dug US buckle from him in 1960 (I was 13) and some more exotic buckles in the late 60s and early 70s. Knew him and Dale Anderson well back in the day, both fine gentlemen. Sadly burglars got my whole CW plate collection except for the first one from 1960, still have it. Lost my desire for more after losing my collection which was one of the best in the northeast in 1975 when they were stolen. Sorry, I don't have any buttons for you to see. My avatar photo is me with a bunch of whole CW cannister and Parrot shells I found circa 1972-3. The rifles are Spanish .43 rolling blocks. Sold most of the cannisters at the NVRHA meetings in Fairfax and the Baltimore Armory show to finance more belt plates.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that would be my daddy!
Saddening to hear of the loss of your buckles, but I will let him know that you still have the first one. Steve Mullinax used to have the first one that he bought from Dad (an SNY) and showed it to me on a number of our visits. Somehow, he had retained the box it was mailed in... I do not remember the exact price he paid, but it was so different (and different by such a magnitude) that it would sound like I was exaggerating, anyway.
Nice to make you acquaintance....it sounds like we may have known one another through the early NVRHA meetings. If you think of anyone that may have any of the sorts of 1-piece military buttons for which I am looking to get photographs, please drop a note to my email. With thanks,
William

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that would be my daddy!
Saddening to hear of the loss of your buckles, but I will let him know that you still have the first one. Steve Mullinax used to have the first one that he bought from Dad (an SNY) and showed it to me on a number of our visits. Somehow, he had retained the box it was mailed in... I do not remember the exact price he paid, but it was so different (and different by such a magnitude) that it would sound like I was exaggerating, anyway.
Nice to make you acquaintance....it sounds like we may have known one another through the early NVRHA meetings. If you think of anyone that may have any of the sorts of 1-piece military buttons for which I am looking to get photographs, please drop a note to my email. With thanks,
William

I remember I paid three dollars for that dug US. I wore it for many years and broke one arrow hook off but it still worked and I wore it like that for years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions