Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000AAA.jpg

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
July, Aug., I don't do much detecting. Now come late Sept. thru Oct. Nov, all the time, good jacket weather and all the nasties are either dead or sleeping.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's nice about detecting in this weather is once you get completely over-heated and heat exhaustion sets in, you won't remember where you were and you will get excited over finding pulltabs!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
We're in our HOT time down here, haven't swung a coil in several months now. But I'm still losing weight = sweating my arse up here all danged day long.

Dripping off me. Miserable but = whatever once again. Comes every year - 94 today, worse yesterday, and probably worse tomorrow. I've an antique AC unit in my window - it hasn't helped all day long. Got 3 fans blowing too. The AC will keep going and two of those fans will be on my bed tonight.....

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL That could have been me the Turn of the Century, Mud Hunting in the Drained Sweet arrow Lake.
Or should I have called it Mud Diving :tongue3:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday 101*F with a dew point of 72. heat index 110*F is way too hot for me to detect .
we've had no rain in over 4 weeks and then 3'' in the past two days.
I often think of the Amish in my area ,I don't see how they make it in this heat with no A/C

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
We have a thunderstorm going through right now. I don't know what the temperature is now, maybe this storm will cool it off a bit. Had a date today and she dropped me off at my mailbox. It hadn't started raining yet, but I was soaked by the time I walked that 5/8 mile up the holler. Now I'm down to my jean shorts, still hot, with an incompetent A/C in the window behind me - helps a little but not a lot.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'v Never been a Fan of AC.
All the Apartments here Have them, But when I Moved in, The manager told me if I want AC I would need to Buy One.
So I Never tried to Plug it in. In June my Sister/Bro inlaw & my Nephew & Nieces on Her Side, Bought me an AC.
When I contacted Maintenance about Installation, He said Try the One here & Plugged it in.
It gets a bit Noisy But seems to work well enough.

Beats opening the door to the Hallway & Stealing AC From there with a Fan :dontknow:

it is definitely needed in these apartments. somewhat cool outside today though at 87 compared to mid 90's

My temp Gage in here Hasn't dropped below 80 all summer
even With the AC
only way to get the Temp Gage to drop is Throw it in the fridge

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Been awake now for about a half hour. My old AC ran all night, and it's cool right now - but the projected high is cooler than yesterday, only 86 versus the 94 yesterday. We survive.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions