AND I THOUGHT SKYDIVING WAS AN EXPENSIVE SPORT! NOW SCUBA CERTIFIED!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By TheHarleyMan2
  • 1 Post By controlfreq
  • 1 Post By controlfreq
  • 1 Post By TheHarleyMan2

Thread: AND I THOUGHT SKYDIVING WAS AN EXPENSIVE SPORT! NOW SCUBA CERTIFIED!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    PEOPLE ASSUME WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Feb 2008
    Never Know I May Live Next To You!
    GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter Minelab Equinox 800
    440 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

AND I THOUGHT SKYDIVING WAS AN EXPENSIVE SPORT! NOW SCUBA CERTIFIED!

So this elderly woman in her 80's I was doing handyman work for on her house, horse pen, trimming trees on property, etc. for about a year. After getting to know each other and all the things she has done to include scuba diving many years ago and asking me about all the things I have done gold prospecting, metal detecting, paratrooper (HALO also), martial arts, and civilian skydiving, etc.

After mentioning always wanted to scuba dive but never had the time or chance I figured when I retired from the Army I would do it. She has a friend who's ex-husband is a Scuba Instructor and she had gotten me a Scuba Diving Open Water Course as a Christmas present last year. Well due the winter months and me being on Active Duty and especially with the Hoax going on with limited time on the weekends working 6 days a week and places being closed it was delayed. Finally a month and a half ago I was able to start the course and finish my Open Water Certification on July 11th!

During my course I have been buying diving gear, now all is left is BCD, tank, and weights! Maybe another thicker wetsuit! Water gets a little cold at 30ft and colder deeper down!

So now that I have that accomplished I am going to do the advanced diving course, then move on to the next steps!

Now at least I can go into rivers, lakes, and wherever and find all the iPhones, jewelry, and junk that people lost or tossed! Just like metal detecting, I will have to pick up other peoples trash!

Of course I want to dive in some lakes, or places where I can also find some gold under water!

If anyone around the Austin, Texas area is also an Open Water Diver, give me a shout and lets go diving!
    Last edited by TheHarleyMan2; Jul 20, 2020 at 03:34 PM.
    controlfreq and DizzyDigger like this.
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

Dec 2007
    88 times
    There should be some good scuba clubs in and around Austin. I cannot Express enough the value of hanging out with experienced divers especially as a beginner. Ask if they're blue water or swamp divers. Blue water do trips to exotic locations, swamp divers would dive a mud puddle if it's deep enough. As a detectorist your next step is an underwater detector. Your gear is only going to get more expensive and a lot more fun.

There's some good treasure diving I'm told around Austin and S.A. too. Couple of places I'm dying to get my underwater detector in.
    TheHarleyMan2 likes this.

Dec 2007
    88 times
    ... once you do advanced and get some bottom time, you need to get Rescue certified. I took a NAUI cert and it was by far the most fun scuba class I've had. Very interactive skill based with searches, in water recessatation, controlling a hysterical swimmer, etc.

us

Feb 2008
    440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by controlfreq View Post
    ... once you do advanced and get some bottom time, you need to get Rescue certified. I took a NAUI cert and it was by far the most fun scuba class I've had. Very interactive skill based with searches, in water recessatation, controlling a hysterical swimmer, etc.
    That's going to be one I am going to get into as well. I will be 58 in 2 weeks, so as long as my health is good I am game for new adventures!
    If I was President; I would take away welfare! I wouldn't make any bargains with foreign countries! I wouldn't take #@*& from any country! I would close the borders! I would get rid of taxes! I would make EVERYONE own at least 5 guns! I would ENFORCE Finders Keepers Law !!!!!!!!

Dec 2007
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHarleyMan2 View Post
    That's going to be one I am going to get into as well. I will be 58 in 2 weeks, so as long as my health is good I am game for new adventures!
    58, you kids kill me...
    TheHarleyMan2 likes this.

us

Feb 2008
    440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by controlfreq View Post
    58, you kids kill me...
    No worries, I will slow down so you can keep up! Us young fellas have to think about our older elders!
    Rege-PA likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    23411 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congratulations on your Scuba Certification. Look into the Excalibur. Good to a depth of 200 feet.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17004 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New