Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoke the Magnificent went to the vets today for a checkup. He does not like them. He was on a big kitty sedative when he went in. It didn't help much. Vet said his heart and lungs sounded good. His mouth looked good - he had it open ready to bite them. And the vet said "he took our towel". I suggested they get it back. They said no way. He still has it! He is one bad arse cat but likes me.

IMG_2032.JPG

Here he is hiding under his new acquisition!

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha! almost sounds like he was daring someone to try for that towel lmao. May I ask you what kind of kitty you have, and is it possible for you to post a pic of him outside of his kennel? I'm not trying to be nosey, I just absolutely love cats, especially large breeds.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter "gave" him to me in 2017 when she moved from Montreal to California. He's 22 pounds of Russian Blue. IMG_1408.JPG IMG_1697.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. He's not sick. That's his girlfriend with him. He's 17 she's 15 1/2.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our Main Coon Cat lived until she was 18. Awesome family member, but she didn't take bull from anyone! Love your post!

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Kitties!.... And I'm still chuckling about his linen thievery �� I'm planning on saving up to get a Savannah F1 within the next couple of years myself. A buddy of mine has two of them, and although they are a lot of work at times, they are well worth the effort (and pricetag! Lol.)

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm too old for any more pets. This kind of true post happens when its too hot to detect.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking cat Smokey. Glad he's doing well. Our oldest cat made it until he was 21.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both he and his girlfriend, Tiger Lily, aka Garbage Gut - she even likes squash, are tight as it gets. Both are getting insulin shots twice a day. My life revolves around their care it seems. I literally drive 150 to 200 miles to some of my spots and drive back the same day to make sure they are taken care of.

I was flying to London last year for a few days of mudlarking and tried a "test" boarding at the vets. They couldn't give him his shots so the trip was cancelled. I suppose if I want a mudlarking find I can buy something off Ebay. *sighs*

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man too funny and very relatable, my dumpster kitty has a vet apt Friday. She was already banned from one vet because they pegged her as a "biter" on one of her overnight stays. Guess she got them pretty good and they had to sedate her to do anything. She doesn't seem to mind the new vet, so fingers crossed she keeps calm! She also will eat ANYTHING, one of her favorites being peanuts for some reason? I blame her former dumpster life as a kitten before I found her.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpg
My boys Murray & Mac. My female Bandy stays inside. She rules the house. image.jpg
I don't know why my pics get upside down!

Attachments

• 20200621_133010.jpg
    20200621_133010.jpg
    748.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my cat, Tippy from a shelter left there because she does not like dogs and other cats and most people. But, she does love me.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put my Albert's button book on the BACK of the couch, on the top, one managed to puke on it. Fortunately, it ws mainly a hairball so I was able to clean it ok. Gotta love cats. At lest they don't have to be walked outside!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread