I hate yellow jackets! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: I hate yellow jackets!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2020
    569 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Got stung mowing the yard, those little pests! Took Tylenol, and Benadryl just on the safe side. Those wasps really did her my feelings! LOL
    creskol likes this.

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co., Fl
    AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
    1143 times
    Ouch! That is one painful looking sting. Glad it's doing better.

A couple of months ago I almost walked into a large fist-sized ball of 30-40 wasp about 1" long. My hand was about 12" from pushing the branch out of my way when I saw them. That instantly sent a quick chill up my spine as I jerked away from them.
    It wasn't chilly or early in the day, so I'm not sure why they were all balled up like that. Maybe they were cooling the nest since it was in the open and exposed to the sun at midday.
    creskol likes this.

Mar 2016
    4841 times
    yup...Benadryl should be in your vehicle and medicine cabinet. If not for you, for someone else.

Doctors will not prescribe an EpiPen for a localized reaction. Itís easy to say to just carry an EpiPen around with you....actually doing it while maintaining acceptable temperatures is a different matter. Lots of people carrying around EpiPens that have sat in the car in the summer (gotten over 85 deg. F) and are probably not very effective any more.

Other than Benadryl, there is not much doctors can do other than put in a endotracheal tube if your airway closes. Knowing that, my plan is to take Benadryl and sit in the parking lot of the hospital if I think Iím having a reaction. Cautiously monitor my reaction. Thatís what the doctors suggested when my daughter got stung and had hives on her chest.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jul 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    30841 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Imaudigger. For the throat closure its an EPI Pen AND a 911 call. Epis' don't always work. I found my throat getting a little tight on a couple occasions from DENTIST visits, there is something I am allergic to in their shots. Now I take a full dose of Benadryl before I go to the dentist or for any immunization and ice water helped the throat. In an emergency do NOT count on ice water.

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    1352 times
    The Benadryl will also some times make ya very sleepy too.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    30841 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Benadryl has no sleepy effect on me whatsoever, but if you're out and alone, might be best to call someone to get you or call 911. My one neighbor was so bad he only could take 1 or 2 steps before he passed out from a bee sting.

I keep the epi and benadryl on me when I'm out digging. Except in January.

us
    Mar 2010
    SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
    Equinox 600 E Trac AT Pro Nautilus 11Ba MXT M6 6000 DiPro Omega Bounty hunter TR550 Heathkit homemade
    115 times
    Whatever happened to putting a slab of steak on the sting, or using meat tenderizer. My mother in law has done this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links