Detector Warehouse
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Detector Warehouse

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2018
    Mercer County, PA
    Ace 400
    177 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Detector Warehouse

So, after three years of honorable service my garrett carrot succumbed (succame?) to a minor crack in the rubber around the button. Or rather, to the water that trickled in while I was river hunting. About two weeks ago, my Ace 400, which has served me equally well for about 2 years, started to act up and is now relegated to the lowest sensitivity to avoid an overwhelming number of false tones. Now I'm looking at replacements for both. I was looking at a few websites for various packages and found one on a site called Detector Warehouse. It has the carrot and the AT Pro, along with some other useful junk, for $600. That seems like a pretty steep discount, though. Is this website legit? Does anybody have any experience with this seller? They also have a similar package with the MAX instead of the PRO for $130 more, should I go for that instead? I was also thinking about just waiting for a good deal on something used from High Plains Prospector, if that sounds like a better idea.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9035 times
    never heard of them before, crappy website, no physical address listed.... bad marks in my book.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    34144 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Call Keith at Fort Bedford Detectors, he can be found on this site in the vendor section. He will treat you right!

us
    Feb 2015
    Yacolt WA
    EQ 800
    1975 times
    No advise, but love your User name! I'll be your bodyguard if the envoy doesn't go well

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2601 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'd look into a Simplex to replace the 400, or an Apex if you can wait a bit and spend a bit more. I love the 400 but the simplex is far more advanced, modern and might just be cheaper as well.
    AT still a viable detector IMO [I have a 400, AT and Simplex], especially if you do water hunting. I'd steer clear of detector warehouse and go with a vendor here, bigboyhobbies is who I usually deal with.

Might be worth the while to call Garret about the pinpointer, might just fix it for cheap or flat out send you a new one, they are renowned for their customer service. Don't worry about warranty, doesn't hurt to ask.

us
    Oct 2018
    Mercer County, PA
    Ace 400
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    I'd look into a Simplex to replace the 400, or an Apex if you can wait a bit and spend a bit more. I love the 400 but the simplex is far more advanced, modern and might just be cheaper as well.
    AT still a viable detector IMO [I have a 400, AT and Simplex], especially if you do water hunting. I'd steer clear of detector warehouse and go with a vendor here, bigboyhobbies is who I usually deal with.

Might be worth the while to call Garret about the pinpointer, might just fix it for cheap or flat out send you a new one, they are renowned for their customer service. Don't worry about warranty, doesn't hurt to ask.
    I did contact Garret, and they said that it would be $21 just to send them the pinpointer, then parts would be extra. Considering it probably needs an entirely new circuit board, I have a feeling it wouldn't come cheap. The simplex does look good, considering it is so much cheaper than the PRO. I do plenty of land detecting, but I plan on doing a lot of water detecting, both fresh and salt. Which would be better for that?
    Last edited by EnvoyToTheMolePeople; Jul 24, 2020 at 10:40 PM.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4339 times
    Forget repairs, buy a new one.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    24843 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Very Quick Answer: Fort Bedford Metal Detectors A trusted, respected, dealer and a forum sponsor. Tell Keith that Terry sent you!

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyToTheMolePeople View Post
    So, after three years of honorable service my garrett carrot succumbed (succame?) to a minor crack in the rubber around the button. Or rather, to the water that trickled in while I was river hunting. About two weeks ago, my Ace 400, which has served me equally well for about 2 years, started to act up and is now relegated to the lowest sensitivity to avoid an overwhelming number of false tones. Now I'm looking at replacements for both. I was looking at a few websites for various packages and found one on a site called Detector Warehouse. It has the carrot and the AT Pro, along with some other useful junk, for $600. That seems like a pretty steep discount, though. Is this website legit? Does anybody have any experience with this seller? They also have a similar package with the MAX instead of the PRO for $130 more, should I go for that instead? I was also thinking about just waiting for a good deal on something used from High Plains Prospector, if that sounds like a better idea.

MKW

Feb 2020
    Coastal SC
    ML Vanquish 540
    236 times
    I'll 3rd Fort Bedford. Great service.
    Terry Soloman likes this.

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2601 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyToTheMolePeople View Post
    I did contact Garret, and they said that it would be $21 just to send them the pinpointer, then parts would be extra. Considering it probably needs an entirely new circuit board, I have a feeling it wouldn't come cheap. The simplex does look good, considering it is so much cheaper than the PRO. I do plenty of land detecting, but I plan on doing a lot of water detecting, both fresh and salt. Which would be better for that?
    Circuit boards probably cost them $8 and are a breeze to install, at most you'd likely end up paying less than half the price of a new one.
    Am not located around any salt water so I have no input on that, I do know from what I have heard most detectors don't do well in salt water including AT.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32870 times
    Circuit boards probably cost them $8 and are a breeze to install, at most you'd likely end up paying less than half the price of a new one.
    Am not located around any salt water so I have no input on that, I do know from what I have heard most detectors don't do well in salt water including AT.

Multifreqency and pulse induction detectors all do very well in salt water, single frequency detectors struggle in salt environments.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 26, 2020 at 02:53 PM.
    Terry Soloman likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    30841 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Garrett will fix both dirt cheap. I had a carrot go bad and the repair was quite reqsonable.

us
    Jul 2020
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Garrett ATPro
    128 times
    Bought two AT Pro's from them for the wife and I.

us
    Oct 2018
    Mercer County, PA
    Ace 400
    177 times
    Maybe I will just send in the pinpointer for repairs in that case.

us
    Oct 2018
    Mercer County, PA
    Ace 400
    177 times
    Well, it sounds like I should contact Fort Bedford about a new machine, ask them about info on the Simplex vs the PRO, and send in my pinpointer to garrett to get it repaired. Thanks for the help so far, but please feel free to give further input.
    eyemustdigtreasure likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links