Minelab 800 having water problems I understand

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few popular you tube channels I noticed complain about leakages or not sealed Units, unfortunately one had his returned 3 times and I believe he was return another defective unit. Machine is still top notch however I’m sure those of you that use In water have significant problems, anyone care to respond. Considering whites out of business, Garrett doing best they can , you can’t simply make an error 3 times on same u it, anyhow they and myself are not paid or sponsors of companies however these individuals do compare and give honest. Opinions, waiting time can be a month or more, thanks

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv done a lot of knee to waist deep river detecting no issues here almost 2 summers now...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tens of thousands of units produced, you are going to have a small percentage with problems. Yes, its frustrating, especially when you get several in a row. I wish they could fix the waterproofing to a better degree, but that vast majority of users have no problems. Had mine since the first batch of release and no problems (knock on wood)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread