No new detector because...

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer man...oh well, at least you're subscribing to the tried and true saying, "happy wife, happy life!"

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still have my Garrett ace 100

fortaleza

Jun 15, 2013
Northern Illinois, Fortaleza Brazil
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Ace 250, 2 Garrett Pro Pointers gotta have a backup
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wife put a new roof on the house,$$$$ Had a new fence installed all the way around the house. $$$$ Next a new air conditioner. $$$
or New wife $$$$$$$ lol!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife put a new roof on the house,$$$$ Had a new fence installed all the way around the house. $$$$ Next a new air conditioner. $$$ :BangHead:

So, you don’t live in this house? Dont’t like air conditioning? Want strangers or critters roaming your yard? If the wife (or husband) was getting all that contracted for, which is a PITA, I would not complain over not getting a new detector else you end up sleeping in that lovely fenced back yard.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than shoes, handbags, clothes etc!! Next time you can do that yourself, save the $$ and buy yourself a new tector :icon_thumright:

Chub

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still have my Garrett ace 100

well now you have a new roof and A/C to keep the ace dry and a fence to be sure it doesn't walk off.
you could be just a find away from that new machine you've been wanting.
you know what they say , it's cheaper to keep her. no not the wife ,I'm talking about the ace 100

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your telling us, you cant have rain dripping on your head, you dont want neighbors walking thru your yard, and you cant sweat a little ! I think those items could have waited, and you should have gotten your new detector ! Just kidding. I can only say that, because I can relate. We just took out a small home equity loan for : a new fence, New Quartz counter tops, having the inside of the house painted, lots of landscaping work, and a new garage door. Lucky thing I bought my "new" detector 2 years ago, or I'd be rowing the same boat.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Better than shoes, handbags, clothes etc!! Next time you can do that yourself, save the $$ and buy yourself a new tector :icon_thumright:

Chub

I'm with Chub! I'm 71 years old and still do all the maintenance chores myself. At 69 I rebuilt all the systems on my Dodge diesel. Remodeled and added onto my house, when working a full-time job, when i was younger. If you buy tools, and learn the skills, you can do the same. The enormous money you save is untaxable, too. I've saved my family well north of $150,000 doing my own work. I can afford any detector i want.
Jim

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wife put a new roof on the house,$$$$ Had a new fence installed all the way around the house. $$$$ Next a new air conditioner. $$$
or New wife $$$$$$$ lol!
nope 45 years now

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy spouse Happy House mine took alot of my gold for an 1800 dollar water heater. Not counting My Daughters who assaulted my jewelry. At least you have a detector to swing......

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She's holding out on you , if she is smart enough to save up for roofs , fences and air conditioner she has a cookie jar or a sewing box somewhere with enough cash for a new detector for you . Next she will want something frivolous like a new washing machine or a refrigerator. Put your foot down and don't take no for an answer....are you a man or a......mouse

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have told her...

See if the roof or fence people have any deals like...

Free metal detector with purchase. :P

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's holding out on you , if she is smart enough to save up for roofs , fences and air conditioner she has a cookie jar or a sewing box somewhere with enough cash for a new detector for you . Next she will want something frivolous like a new washing machine or a refrigerator. Put your foot down and don't take no for an answer....are you a man or a......mouse
I had a quadruple bypass in 2014 and she has takin care of me for a while. If she makes a wrong choice its her fault not mine. Blond hair farm girl from Oregon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread