relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’d call it Air B & D ( Bed, & Detecting)

I d love to see a service where old properties offer brief stays where detecting is permitted on the property which should be in historically interesting areas. A little getaway with pre-arranged detecting. I know there is a guy that arranges pay detecting by the hour with reservations on farm properties in I believe South Carolina- but guests would stay in nearby motel. This idea is interesting too.

Has anyone booked a stay somewhere that they checked out and got permission to detect while there? Saw a video of someone that does that on weekends.

Just thinking of novel ways to create detecting opportunities on old properties.

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a neat concept. Kinda like the old pay-to-dig Native American artifact sites, but non-sleazy. I would think an enterprising person could find a whole bunch of farm property in the fall/winter/spring and arrange detecting leases when the crop is out and deer hunting isn't going on. I haven't heard of any examples and, admittedly, I have never thought to ask when I travel.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 times my bride and I have syed at a B&B, all an old Victorian home.
Permission granted at each, along with some goodies.
Best was in Pensacola, a few silvers..... one in Savanna was already pounded.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like a good plan! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread