Dowsing rods or witching rods

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
I don't have a number but many of the hard-core skeptics are narcissists and a few are malignant.

I found a youtube channel, kinda hard to watch for too long, Surviving Narcissism. I like to believe everyone can be saved, but I know most of these take it with them to the grave.
sl, your credibility just hit zero

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rarely use L-rods with that transmitter but I've used them with just an ordinary frequency generator and many time get within inches of the target. That ain't no coincidence.

Fair enough, this is similar to the testimony of all dowsers, most all dowsers claim it's accurate and repeatable. With that being said, there should be hundreds, if not thousands of video's and controlled tests showing this accuracy and repeatability. I literally can find MILLIONS of credible studies and videos showing the accuracy and repeatability of conventional metal detectors.

I'm not trying to beat up on anyone, just trying to redirect back to the basic question I have: Can anyone provide experiments/studies/videos that credibly demonstrate the accuracy and repeatability of dowsing? Is anyone aware of any ships, lost hoards or lost mines found that have been credibly found by dowsing alone?

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a number but many of the hard-core skeptics are narcissists and a few are malignant.

I found a youtube channel, kinda hard to watch for too long, Surviving Narcissism. I like to believe everyone can be saved, but I know most of these take it with them to the grave.
pot calling the kettle black as my mother would say

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I don't claim to be a saint. I have some of it in me. I've said many times I am a big skeptic and I was raised by a skeptic. I suspect everyone has some of it, but the true narcisists really will never admit they have it.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
curious how the ability to Dowse extends to the characterization of strangers at a distance
Congrats

In my observation it is usually to blame something or someone else for not understanding how it works or for the reason it failed when tested.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sl, your credibility just hit zero

You sure don't know me. I don't try to convince people of anything, especially not a narcissist. I say what i know and everyone is free to accept or reject it. Anybody who feels uncomfortable with that maybe ought to do some of their own soul searching. I suspect even saying that will tick some people off. I know this much after watching a few of those videos, I prefer to stay clear of that type.

As for the locator in the video, I had a difficult time believeing it myself. I can certainly see how some stranger might feel. That video was hard to make. The camera angle just not the same as a person's eyes. That's why I put the ropes down so you can see the line to the target.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you need to separate the psychic out of the dowser. I can dowse and have seen a 20 year old buried broken electrical line dowsed 3 feet down across a rocky mountain then dug up with a back hoe. I could not find it but my electrical superintendent did. Right on the break. It was crazy.. that line ran almost a mile. No sign on the surface of it after 20 years. Do not think there is any magic or faith involved. You can either do it or you cant and not even I do it right every time. But I do hit water and electrical lines more often then not. I learned with a green forked branch as a little kid but now use bent coat hangers or what ever I can pull out of my tool box.
Never any treasure so believe what you want it makes no matter to me. And I am skeptical of anyone claiming to be psychic.
Happy Hunting

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you need to separate the psychic out of the dowser. I can dowse and have seen a 20 year old buried broken electrical line dowsed 3 feet down across a rocky mountain then dug up with a back hoe. I could not find it but my electrical superintendent did. Right on the break. It was crazy.. that line ran almost a mile. No sign on the surface of it after 20 years. Do not think there is any magic or faith involved. You can either do it or you cant and not even I do it right every time. But I do hit water and electrical lines more often then not. I learned with a green forked branch as a little kid but now use bent coat hangers or what ever I can pull out of my tool box.
Never any treasure so believe what you want it makes no matter to me. And I am skeptical of anyone claiming to be psychic.
Happy Hunting

Thats awesome, we have quite a few anecdotal personal accounts of it working. Are you aware of any credible studies/tests or video's done that verify it's accuracy and reliability? Are you aware of any lost mines, treasures or caches that have been credibly verified to have been found by dowsing alone?

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you watch my video? The transmitter sitting on the ground does the same thing as the military vlf radio stations. It energizes the target.

I saw it but I when asking for things like circuit diagrams, firmware, theory of operation, and associated items so some with an education in computer engineering which includes a lot of electrical engineering plus more programing and digital logic, to assess what's going on there was no response.

How does VLF 'energize a target' That coin is way too small to be an efficient antenna to be energized by something with a wavelength of 100m to 10km. Synthetic imaging radar would likely pick out an RF reflective object that small at short distances vs the ground. The video shows a box reacting to the angle it's twisted, that can just as easily be done via analog or digital circuitry. Why is it only the silver? Why is there no RF interaction with other objects? That makes me very skeptical. If it was possible to magically isolate an object from an RF environment for detection the military would be all over that. It's also interesting that you twist it in the video rather than holding it steady and turning your body. Again long range detectors is off topic.

Also what is the transmitter? You're not using an unlicensed RF transmitter are you?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
curious how the ability to Dowse extends to the characterization of strangers at a distance
Congrats

Well, watch some of those Surviving Narcisissists videos. There are several indicators, but one of the main ones is trying to control others, to force your opinion on someone else. I guess I should watch a few more to see how to deal with them, but my thinking is you can't, or at least it is not worth the effort.

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You do realize it's a classic response to being unable to answer legitimate questions to begin attacking the credibility of those asking those questions? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

If someone comes up and says they don't need a compass, they can feel North. The first thing out of most people's mouths will be 'Prove it.' They'll be tested on their claim. The simplest is blindfolding them and tell them to walk North in an open area. A natural human path when blindfolded is quite chaotic. Another test may be spinning them around in a chair for a bit while blindfolded and stopping it and asking them to point North. Say they fail these tests and then tell you it's only when they're in a certain mood, or the moon has to be in the right phase, or a nearby cell tower is throwing them off. That begins to raise more questions about their claims.

If they pass then it would need to be determined if they felt magnetic north or by some other means true north. They'd be tested with magnets to determine which pole they sensed and if not magnetic then that would start raising many interesting questions. If one can always sense North and it's not magnetically based then how is it done? There are repeatable tested results, but how do they do it?

I don't know why you're saying people are Narcissists for asking questions. Even if proof were provided that someone can dowse with 90% accuracy over multiple independant tests I would still be asking questions out of simply seeking knowledge, and answering how it works, how it can be measured, is there anything detectable? A hypotheses will be formed and experiments designed to test it. It will be heavily studied and questioned until it is understood.

Last edited:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think, if I tryed to dowse, my rods would only start to really wiggle after the 4th shoot of vodka, or so...lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have doused phone, cable, fiber optic cables and water pipes for years, no visible signs on surface where they are located. I located water lines and cables in my yard so I could landscaping by dousing.

Now I highly recommend replies be toned down so they are not taken as insults or attacks on members..

Last edited:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah well, it may work for some guys, i heard many are quite succesfull too, but i definetly need a detector (or similar device) to find metal. I gues my astral body died long time ago. Maybe it was too much vodka.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah well, it may work for some guys, i heard many are quite succesfull too, but i definetly need a detector (or similar device) to find metal. I gues my astral body died long time ago. Maybe it was too much vodka.....

No metal in pvc lines, I cant explain why it works for me only that it works. Now for treasure hunting I use a metal detector and I do not believe in long range gold or treasure detectors.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank everyone for there opinions, I ask many questions because I’m not to proud or arrogant to say I don’t no everything, thankyou

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome, we have quite a few anecdotal personal accounts of it working. Are you aware of any credible studies/tests or video's done that verify it's accuracy and reliability? Are you aware of any lost mines, treasures or caches that have been credibly verified to have been found by dowsing alone?

No I do not care about any credible studies to be honest. I just know when you have nothing else or further info we dowse it. Nope no treasure that I know of that is why I have a metal detector eye balls and a gold pan. We just dowse water and electrical lines.My electrician just supervised the google plant in Alabama. Am sure he is not aware on any studies either ,lol.
Has anyone ever shown you how to do it? Most times when we do it there is the skeptics on site until we show them how it works. My guess is anyone can do it if they can use their hands and walk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread