All Treasure Hunting

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Minelab has all sorts of functionally cool bags!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the camo one from Garrett. Tough as nails and plenty of room to hang other stuff on it. I've had it 4 years and no rips, runs or errors. That's the only "pro" bag I've ever owned. Before tht it was pants pockets, a trash bag or small bucket.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a member named Freeloader who makes custom pouches/finds bags and he does great work. He has basic designs and you can have one made to whatever size you like and have any pockets, pinpointer holders or whatever you like put on them. You can send him a PM to get his prices and descriptions or search "custom Pouch" and you should find one of his threads. I have one, I really don't like the larger ones and he made me exactly what I wanted from my drawings.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a member named Freeloader who makes custom pouches/finds bags and he does great work. He has basic designs and you can have one made to whatever size you like and have any pockets, pinpointer holders or whatever you like put on them.

Is he doing them .. ?? I read a few posts that he had stopped doing them..I’ve been gone a few Good months from the forum so if he is that’s great news.. I love his work

Lunchboxx

Aug 21, 2018
Susanville
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excalibur II
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up Freeloader on these forums. He makes pouches and you wont be disappointed!

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one from Xtreme Scoops. It's a great little bag. It's mainly designed for beach/water hunting, but I really like it for a all-around bag. It's mesh, so dirt/sand will fall out as you go along.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
s-l500.jpg

I forget where I got this from, but it has served me well for years now. And, it did not cost a bloody fortune either!

OP
OP
B

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up Freeloader on these forums. He makes pouches and you wont be disappointed!

I don't think he is on here any more but his pouches are on the Colonial Metal Detectors site. Do you recommend the Ranger or the Pack Mule?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have have one like smokeythecat - kellyco sells them - i just ordered a couple to give away at a future hunt
guys put all their finds in their pockets :BangHead:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out your local big hardware store. They carry clip on or belt tool pouches of all sizes that work great for detecting.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use army surplus . paid $5.99 for my bag many years ago . two compartment with latching flaps.

I once ran into a guy in the woods relic hunting who was carrying an over the shoulder ladies purse as a finds pouch , I asked him if he'd found anything and said " oh yea lots of buttons maybe you can identify them for me " so I looked at his buttons and told him they were Va town buttons and showed him where they said Remington and Winchester on them.:laughing7: so I guess you don't really have to spend a bunch of money on a pouch unless you want to.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my old finds bag from 1970, made from my girlfriend's jeans leg along with my old recovery tools. They all work well and cost next to nothing. Didn't get a "pro" finds bag until I got one from Freeloader a couple years ago and didn't get a "modern" digger until about eight years ago. Simple is often very good. Didn't get a pinpointer until about ten years ago, it sat well in the old jeans leg too. The top of the bag has a drawstring and is easy to run even a wide belt through. Many, many pounds of trash rode in that bag through the years, good coins and jewelry just went in my pocket as they do now.

fullsizeoutput_21a.jpeg

Last edited:

Estima8tor

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2018
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE : Nokta Simplex+ WHP : Minelab X-Terra 705 : XP MI-4 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Digger Supplies large Pack Mule pouch and l really like it. They also have a smaller Park Ranger pouch

IMG_20191229_120111405 (2).jpg

You can get them here:
(Deleted for rule violation, non supporting vendor)

Yeah, they're expensive but high quality and built to last. You won't have to replace it for a very long time....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Digger Supplies large Pack Mule pouch and l really like it. They also have a smaller Park Ranger pouch

View attachment 1856614

You can get them here:
(Deleted for rule violation, non supporting vendor)

Yeah, they're expensive but high quality and built to last. You won't have to replace it for a very long time....

Just ordered the pack mule.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, greatly appreciated!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I modified a carpenter's belt pouch (AWP) from Lowes. Cost under $15; belt and all. It was brown/canvas and I dyed it green. Added a different buckle for style.

A4EC444D-9EA7-4118-91CA-D54F0FBA4292_1_105_c.jpeg

8FCCBC3A-685C-42AC-B4AF-21B4EE339344_1_105_c.jpeg

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions