Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm fairly new to action cameras like the GoPro series. I did finally buy the GoPro Hero 8 Black. I'm wondering how folks are using theirs on hunts. Chest mount? Tripod? Another person along to just shoot video/pics? Are you recording the entire time, then just editing later?
I'm thinking about starting to video as well, I've videoed one hunt so far with my cell phone but I have a GoPro as well. Most of the time I filmed the recovery process of good sounding things and live digs of the REALLY good sounding targets. I definitely need to get a tripod because it's hard to hold it steady while digging or really doing anything.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the GoPro Hero 8 as well. I'm going with the chest mount. I've seen some people strap them to their forehead, but that looks too silly for me! You can use a selfie stick, but I'm not going to take videos of myself, just my live digs and what I find.

I'm going to use the voice command feature to start and stop the recording. No way would I record all the time. Too much of a hassle to edit it down later. Just my take on it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread