Walmart Security really rude! - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: Walmart Security really rude!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    25212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    The fertilizer and car analogies don't work. Big difference. You can't stop selling fertilizer or cars because some pinhead is going to turn it into a deadly weapon. The overwhelming majority of people use those two items responsibly. But guns have one purpose, to kill someone or something. We can assume anyone who buys one is thinking about killing someone or something with it. Whether it's to kill for food, in self-defense or out of anger, that's why they bought it. That's why many stores are taking a hard line on guns. Hard to make excuses to the grieving families of victims when you're selling an item whose sole purpose is to take a life. Just my take on it...
    Lots of auto laws and restrictions on their use. I'm not going to check the fatality score vs firearms by unwarranted victims. Around me the auto toll is higher. Deliberate or not. Locked up the brakes today on a busy road doing the speed limit when an idiot made a left in front of me without enough room or time. My other much heavier truck would have T-boned him. Intentionally or not.
    Had I run him down for being an idiot ,it would have been intentional though. And road rage , right?

Ammonium nitrate is now restricted. Dad used to blow ponds using it. I still recall the recipe. Try buying some today though.
    Yet , farmers have to guard it carefully if they can acquire any. It has been stolen. Who do you guess stole it? Other farmers?

Walmart not selling guns changes little in some one wanting to acquire ones attitude. Never forget we have a doorway to South America. And South America has a doorway to the world. How does Walmart not selling something affect those doors?
    Look to Mexico for the answer.
    Feel good stuff. So folks sleep better at night knowing the world is safe in their neighborhood. Till it ain't.
    ticndig likes this.

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2675 times
    Metal Detecting
    Been to walfart once this year, thats one too many visits for me, I greatly prefer meijers and krogers.
    bowwinkles likes this.

Nov 2012
    1544 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The fertilizer and car analogies don't work. Big difference. You can't stop selling fertilizer or cars because some pinhead is going to turn it into a deadly weapon. The overwhelming majority of people use those two items responsibly. But guns have one purpose, to kill someone or something. We can assume anyone who buys one is thinking about killing someone or something with it. Whether it's to kill for food, in self-defense or out of anger, that's why they bought it. That's why many stores are taking a hard line on guns. Hard to make excuses to the grieving families of victims when you're selling an item whose sole purpose is to take a life. Just my take on it...
    Well sir, you have your opinion. My thought is a gun is to keep that from happening. Self defense does not mean "killing someone or something" it means a deterrent to those who intend on that action. Literally millions of folks in the US own guns and and a small percentage use them to commit evil deeds. That is why the US has adapted what they call a complete back ground check of a potential buyer. So now you are stating that they cant stop the fertilizer sales because many use it for good deeds, yet the self protection capabilities of a firearm somehow does not fit your same analogy. Lets hope that you sir do not get into a situation where you have to use ur fertilizer for self protection. A firearm used by the overwhelming majority of owners can be used also in a responsible manner
    Last edited by bowwinkles; Aug 25, 2020 at 05:58 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3482 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Been to walfart once this year, thats one too many visits for me, I greatly prefer meijers and krogers.
    We have Kroger’s here for years but you have to have a special “mark” Lol to get their sale price

Meijer is ok (they have Coinstars), but if you go thru a checkout bring a tent and supplies, yes you’ll be in line waiting that long.

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    5554 times
    Ever hear of target or competition shooting? its a sport. A sport that even can earn one scholarships for school and even earn an income. So your logic failed immediately.
    DizzyDigger and Swaveab like this.

Jun 2007
    15248 times
    Some folks have "Open-Carry" in our local "Wally's World"...

Nov 2012
    1544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    Ever hear of target or competition shooting? its a sport. A sport that even can earn one scholarships for school and even earn an income. So your logic failed immediately.
    I have heard it called "Olympics" also.
    Tpmetal and Swaveab like this.

Sep 2012
    SW PA
    AT pro
    132 times
    Metal Detecting
    While waiting for tires to be mounted at Walmart, I surfed their free WiFi for GLOCK accessories. NOTHING. How can all these websites be down at the same time? I switched off their WiFi and these sites worked. They censor their WiFi. Shameful.
    Swaveab likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3482 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by hill_billiez View Post
    While waiting for tires to be mounted at Walmart, I surfed their free WiFi for GLOCK accessories. NOTHING. How can all these websites be down at the same time? I switched off their WiFi and these sites worked. They censor their WiFi. Shameful.
    Is it not unusual for retailers anywhere to censor their free WiFi? For the chilren.
    gunsil likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2489 times
    Prospecting
    I like our Walmart here in Gunnison. Never any problems there, people open carry all the time without issue.
    Theres a security guard now that asks if you have a mask but I just walk by and ignore her and do my shopping like a free man.
    It's all about location.
    jeff of pa, GB1 and Swaveab like this.

Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    40183 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Some folks have "Open-Carry" in our local "Wally's World"...
    I've seen People with Holstered Handguns at their side at St Clair's Walmart here.
    but Just because they are in plain Clothes doesn't mean They are just Regular Citizens.

there are many officials who Open carry.

Of course this was also before the mass gun free Zone debacle .
    Not sure if Walmarts are gun free Zones here now.

Been years since Walmart has been My Go to place for shopping.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Aug 25, 2020 at 09:38 AM.
    fistfulladirt likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3482 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    I like our Walmart here in Gunnison. Never any problems there, people open carry all the time without issue.
    Theres a security guard now that asks if you have a mask but I just walk by and ignore her and do my shopping like a free man.
    It's all about location.
    Really odd differences throughout the country. I’ve never seen anyone open carry here in Mich ever. The last guy that did was about 5 years ago in a local strip mall, shoppers freaked out and the police were involved. Most retailers here do not allow open carry either way.
    jeff of pa likes this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    2387 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bowwinkles View Post
    Well sir, you have your opinion. My thought is a gun is to keep that from happening. Self defense does not mean "killing someone or something" it means a deterrent to those who intend on that action. Literally millions of folks in the US own guns and and a small percentage use them to commit evil deeds. That is why the US has adapted what they call a complete back ground check of a potential buyer. So now you are stating that they cant stop the fertilizer sales because many use it for good deeds, yet the self protection capabilities of a firearm somehow does not fit your same analogy. Lets hope that you sir do not get into a situation where you have to use ur fertilizer for self protection. A firearm used by the overwhelming majority of owners can be used also in a responsible manner
    so your gun is secured wherever, and circumstances cause you to get it
    then what
    you gonna talk or waive it around
    and if you have to shoot - only to disable

no guy, it doesn't work that way
    if you are not ready to pull the trigger, don't pull the gun
    been there done that

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    so your gun is secured wherever, and circumstances cause you to get it
    then what
    you gonna talk or waive it around
    and if you have to shoot - only to disable

no guy, it doesn't work that way
    if you are not ready to pull the trigger, don't pull the gun
    been there done that
    I had to pull my .45 one day at stop light when I was being assaulted through drivers window of my car by man who was high that I had refused to give a ride to. Just the sight of my .45 pointed at his face ended the assault immediately. I could have shot him under Florida law, police even stated so, but I didnt need to as he took off running at the sight of my .45 pointed at his face.

You do not necessarily have to pull the trigger, only being willing to do so if needed. I carry 99.97% of the time, locked and loaded. Sometimes I even carry 2 .45s depending on where I'm going and when. With recent riots I have carried 2 several times when driving
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Aug 25, 2020 at 11:34 AM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    2387 times
    wasn't that high, lol

close distance reaction times, in your favor

edit: tough neighborhood

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links