High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
You really need to be contacting Walmart.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These last few months you have had doctors that wouldn’t treat you, asthma from the fire smoke, theft of your belongings and now being accused yourself of theft. Are you really sure that Nevada is the place for you?

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a way to totally avoid Walmart - haven't been there since March, I've used Amazon.com instead.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 8.21.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 8.21.13 PM.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 76

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You don’t have to enter WW; they have curbside pickup.

The only reason I go in is because I’ve made a few silver hauls from the Coinstar, one grab was 30 silvers including a Franklin half dollar.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refuse all demands to present my receipts.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been in one once. Even bought something - a little folding step-stool. Maybe eight years ago(?)

Really not much there I need.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Walmart took there stand in February against the 2nd amendment and developed their sales polices That reflected that stand, I have not been back and will not even enter their parking lot.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar experience in a Salvation Army the other day... it happened at one I rarely go to anyway...

I saw an item that I was interested in... I looked to see a price... I see a sticker that is all mashed up...

so I walk up to counter where there are three employees... one being an old manager lady... she says looking directly at me... "what happened to the sticker" ?

BUT... the way she said it was in an accusatory way... which I pick up on easily...

I say "I am not a psychic... how could I answer that question" ?

From what the sticker LOOKED like it said "$2.99"... So I say "so what do you want for it...

The manager sets it down and acknowledges someone else as it was busy (which I cannot understand EVER... because SA SUCKS)...

So the other employee see this and picks it up and says... "so what do I price him at".

She then says "$15.99"... WHICH on its best day this item RETAIL would have been $10...

I say "This is why I don't shop here"... and as I turn to leave I say "thanks for wasting my time".

Never to return.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Walmart took there stand in February against the 2nd amendment and developed their sales polices That reflected that stand, I have not been back and will not even enter their parking lot.

Agree, can't buy the ammo I need there anymore...I'm Done!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, you had to go through that! Not sure how I would react in the same situation.

Not to take away from the OP's thread but....

I'm a supporter of the 2nd amendment. I'm curious to hear your ideas on how they should handle their policy in light of the mass shootings that have taken place in their stores?

I remember a local flea market had an incident about 10 years ago where a customer bought a gun at one booth (when openly displayed gun sales were allowed there). He got into a heated dispute and went to another booth to buy ammo. Luckily the second seller was aware of the conflict and refused to sell him the ammo. The customer left after someone called the sheriff but it sure put the place on pins and needles after that. The policy at the flea market changed after that incident. No gun sales openly offered or conducted on-site after that. (They have since been bought out and it is now a new car lot.)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last time i was at wallmart was for shoes. I needed to buy in person because I wasn't sure on Size

Last Time Before this I Had to Buy 14's Because of a swollen foot from a break.

occasionally I used to get asked by old geezers for my receipt. who needed to look busy I guess,
As they would watch me Check Out, Glance at the Receipt so Fast they only had time to see it was a walmart tape.
with words on it.
Then would hand it Back & say Have a Nice day !
of which I'd Scowl and respond "I would have, if I wasn't just accused of stealing :( "

I think they Single me out Because I almost always wear Shirts that will Offend someone,
or Draw their attention to Me.
I Probably look as Old or Older then Them. :tongue3:

yes I think if you complain to the manager they give you a gift card. at least I heard one Walmart did.
I think you Gotta Feign Embarrassment from the others seeing you being Shook Down.
I never wasted time to try here .

I Just Complain Loudly as I leave !

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been going to wally's for 25+years and have never been accused of anything. every visit is a normal drama free experience.
By what you share on this site , trouble seems to follow you.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time Walmart harasses is me is when I buy cat litter, since I tell them not to put it in a plastic bag. They always scrutinize the receipt to be sure I paid for my $1.35 bag of litter! Morons...

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in Connecticut we have a tax on plastic bags so if someone purchases only a few small items and doesn't want to pay the tax on the plastic bag they carry items out in their hand. If you pay the tax and buy a bag you can walk out without being checked. If you carry the items out without a bag they stop you. If you use the self checkout you need to use your card and I'm not using a credit card for a loaf of bread and some milk or whatever so I buy my items elsewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread