May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense taken at all. Degrade it all you want :laughing7:

Our plans are this:
New house - we want to keep it at or under $225,000. Nice older home on some acres would do nicely.
New Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab with the 5.3 V-8, about 37 grand.
New toy hauler to haul my '18 Triumph Bonneville T120 and a '70 vintage Bonneville I plan to buy. I already have the T120.
Pay off my daughters car and give her some cash. I'm the co-signer on the car so it helps us both.
Sock some money away for some well deserved trips and easy livin', debt free.

Good on you! Put that money in circulation and enjoy it! Don't forget, there will be a few long lost relatives you didn't know you had, showing up at your doorstep for a little handout. Be very wary of them!:occasion14::occasion18::occasion16:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the win. That is fantastic and the best part is there is no cleaning or ID of the artifact needed. :laughing7:

Once you both sign the back it can't be redeemed by anyone else. Permanent ink, not that water-based gel crap.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense taken at all. Degrade it all you want :laughing7:

Our plans are this:
New house - we want to keep it at or under $225,000. Nice older home on some acres would do nicely.
New Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab with the 5.3 V-8, about 37 grand.
New toy hauler to haul my '18 Triumph Bonneville T120 and a '70 vintage Bonneville I plan to buy. I already have the T120.
Pay off my daughters car and give her some cash. I'm the co-signer on the car so it helps us both.
Sock some money away for some well deserved trips and easy livin', debt free.

Not to go on and on... I think we all have basically voiced opinions on how you should spend YOUR money... heh.

So I will leave you with a couple of quote bones that you can choose to chew on or not.

"A fool and their money soon part ways"

"easy come easy go".

"Buy what you need and not what you want".

Your odds of being in this same position again just went through the roof...
And many things that you lived without this long... chances are you can live without most.

O how I have seen windfalls become debt simply because the reins were held in foolish hands.... or held too loosely...

Remember this final thought...

One day IT WILL be gone... and you will at that point perhaps / wish you had done it differently if you do not think EVERY move through completely.

Be solid... and ride smart.

Attakpilot

Aug 8, 2020
FL East Coast
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Pulsedive
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig everything from now on that comes up as a 19 on the VDI! Congratulations!!!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy moly what a score, am very happy for you congrats ! I'll never win cause I never play.

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
If I were to win a big pile of dough like that, The first thing I would do is blow a bunch on drinkin, gamblin and women...........

the rest I would just waste.

Acagedrebel

Dec 19, 2019
Columbus ,Ms
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max ,Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats I play all the time most I’ve ever won is $1500 but I’m playing for keeps ..way to go bud

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!
New bike in the future?

Just purchased this one last week so I will pay it off now.

20200815_180856.jpg

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible, CONGRATS!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hardly buy scratch tickets anymore. One time I bought a dollar ticket and saw what I thought was three in a row $1.00. I said to myself how in the hell is that winning anything, I spend a dollar and still have a dollar. I wedged it into a place on my dash and it stayed up there for awhile. I went to get a can of chew and had a couple bucks and a $20 in my wallet. I pulled that ticket off and gave the clerk the two bucks a said this tickets worth a dollar, she looked at it for a few seconds and I said What!. She then said, no this ones a hundred dollar ticket. I guess I didn't notice the missing decimal point after the 1. so I bought two cans of chew and five more dollars tickets. Four of the tickets were losers and dang-it one was a dollar winner. :( Congratulations on that million that's gotta be a wonderful feeling to have. :occasion14:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in the 80s my grandma was part of a sweepstakes club.....her and her friends would meet every Thursday and fill out every sweepstakes and contest entry form they could get there hands on. We all thought they were crazy....until the prizes started pouring in. If they were allowed to enter as many times as they wanted, they would enter thousands of times. First prize came about a month after they started with the delivery of a new washer and dryer !! These ladies would sit around drinking martinis and filling out entry forms...chattering away like birds on a wire having a grand old time. My grand ma won 30 grand twice and lots of other money....one day she won a beautiful sky blue Nissan 200sx. That was one of the smartest ways to win stuff I ever saw....she was pure genius and won quite a bit of money and prizes over the years !!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in the 80s my grandma was part of a sweepstakes club.....her and her friends would meet every Thursday and fill out every sweepstakes and contest entry form they could get there hands on. We all thought they were crazy....until the prizes started pouring in. If they were allowed to enter as many times as they wanted, they would enter thousands of times. First prize came about a month after they started with the delivery of a new washer and dryer !! These ladies would sit around drinking martinis and filling out entry forms...chattering away like birds on a wire having a grand old time. My grand ma won 30 grand twice and lots of other money....one day she won a beautiful sky blue Nissan 200sx. That was one of the smartest ways to win stuff I ever saw....she was pure genius and won quite a bit of money and prizes over the years !!

so she is the reason limits were instated lol

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup...probably. but I've never new anyone who won a MILLION dollars. Now we have a t-net member who's on that list. So cool for gopherdagold !! I don't think you could get a banner because of the rules....but I think we could all vote for "THE BEST OF TREASURENET". This story should have a place to be celebrated also !!

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup...probably. but I've never new anyone who won a MILLION dollars. Now we have a t-net member who's on that list. So cool for gopherdagold !! I don't think you could get a banner because of the rules....but I think we could all vote for "THE BEST OF TREASURENET". This story should have a place to be celebrated also !!

Thanks for the suggestion and I agree that it doesn't check the boxes for banner consideration. If it were to be considered for 'best of' I guess I should provide some details.
I will edit the original post to include the story.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I'm voting now for best of treasure net....hopefully it will get up there one day....congrats again buddy !!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Congrats Gopher ! That sure beats the way we do it with our detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread