How many Spanish ship wrecks are only a mile or less from shore

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of information, YouTube , actual researchers. Must have been a lot so they sunk relatively close off shore or just got pushed as the tides hurricane through over the years. I mean ships sunk don’t move possibly the lighter items that where aboard. Questions are many on this subject, I don’t have the opportunity to visit such places due to time, but I can educate myself just in case one day, thankyou

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shipwrecks can and DO move underwater. Storms have moved sunken ships miles away. Heavy metal items would need to be scattered out of a wreck, and buried to bedrocks before they finally stop moving. Look at the treasure trail of Mel Fisher as they chase the motherload. It is believed to possibly be at the bottom of a trench. Miles of shipwreck debris in a line where it is supposed the main body of the ship rolled along the bottom spilling wreckage before tumbling over the underwater cliff. The best hope for "intact" treasure is from a ship that was gutted and slammed onto a reef.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankyou yes off eastern United States shores

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a wreck underneath (more or less) the Boardwalk at Ocean City, MD. Occasionally Spanish coins wash up. Not something to actively seek however, it's a toughie.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are some off Vero Beach about 30 miles from where I live. People find coins washed up on the beaches quite often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions