Found a Gold Cache ! But called it Bad Luck ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=1]'Bit of bad luck!' Treasure hunters GUTTED after gold coins revealed as FAKE from TV show[/h]
[h=3]TWO HAPLESS treasure hunters thought they had struck it rich when they found a hoard a gold coins - only to discover they were fakes buried for the TV comedy Detectorists.[/h]
Metal detectorist Paul Adams thought he had found roman coins worth £250,000 in a field in Suffolk
000aaa.jpg
Metal detectorist Paul Adams began dancing around a field, crying out 'Roman gold! Roman gold!' when he stumbled upon a handful of ancient coins.
Colleague Andy Sampson dashed across to look and to their astonishment within minutes they had unearthed 54 Roman gold coins, potentially worth £250,000.
The pair spent 24 hours believing the treasure to be genuine and they even started thinking about what to blow their windfall on.

But the next day an expert told them he feared the coins were fake before it was confirmed they had been left in a field by the film crew making the hit BBC series Detectorists, starring Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones.

000bbb.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/9...d-coins-fake-TV-show-Detectorists-sad-Suffolk

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch talk about a kick in the head!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had to find fake coins, I would love for it to be a cache from The Detectorists TV show! I would love to have one of those with the provenance as being used in the show.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Jason. imo as good as Gold :treasurechest:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a fake Napoleon gold coin in one of the local river banks beaches. It was nice good looking gold plated cooper copy. I felt kind of cool non the less, i mean what are the ods to find a fake coin like that?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that episode. Kinda hard to believe they just left the stuff there. Isn't that littering?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that episode. Kinda hard to believe they just left the stuff there. Isn't that littering?

Yea I Think it was the First Or Second Episode in Season 3, When Lance Got Paid for his Gold find &
Bought a Bunch of gold Coins To get rid of the "Curse of the Gold" By burying Them. I was surprised
They didn't retrieve them Immediately after The scene

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quite a run as first, still a fun find with some interesting history. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions