Crazy September Weather

KeyaPaha

Oct 12, 2015
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Sunday, it was 94 here in north central Nebraska. Tonight we will be lucky if it gets up to 44. Might even go down to 34 with rain thru Wednesday! >:( Actually, the rain and cooler weather forecast makes me happy. It has been baking dry here for weeks. Went out the other day, with the M6, to a field that once had the town horse race track and ball field from the early 1900s. Tried digging the first two targets and couldn't even get 2" deep with a tile spade! :tongue3: Hard as a rock! I need rain so I can get back to dirt fishing!!!!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lesche digging tools, (hand digger & spades), are excellent but it sounds like you're digging in baked clay.
Good luck buddy,,

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it's hot when the asphalt is softer than the dirt!:laughing7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in Minnesota. Only a couple days between turning off the air conditioner and turning on the heat. But it’s been such a hot summer I am enjoying the cooler weather and the chance to get outdoor projects done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread